1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Harddrive ???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by strings41, Jul 2, 2003.

1. strings41

strings41 Member

I just put in a brand new Western Digital 120 gig Harddrive in my xbox (ATA100 7200RPM). I was going by Seamonkey's Guide. I went to where he said to download the new drive boot disk and all it opened up was a page of text like the configuration settings. If this is right, what do I do with it. When I burn the ISO and boot it from the XBOX it gives me a screen that says my xbox requires Service.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

you need to get an evox boot disk or use slayers when you boot it up.. then you can install the dashboard and it should work.. what bios you using?

3. strings41

strings41 Member

You are talking GREEK. The Evox boot disk is what I thought I downloaded. Can you tell me how to make it. Do I have to have the Evox D6 Ejectfix Bios or will the xecuter 2 build 4977. be sufficient.

4. strings41

strings41 Member

OK, I have my disk made. It give menu options to "Install new Harddrive". I tried it on another XBOX. Tell me how to fix this: When I put my new harddrive in, I turned the XBOX on and it said Error 13 (dashboard error). I said ok, It don't even have a dashboard yet. So as soon I I make this boot cd it will. I turned it back on to put the disk in and now it says contact XBOX Service. With the disk in or out it will not say anything else. Did I mess something up my booting the XBOX first without the Bootdisk in. If Not, What is wrong? If So, How do I correct this?

Jeffrey

5. Dank

Dank Regular member

you are a perfect candidate for slayers auto-installer.. download that burn the ISO to disk either cd-rw or dvd and don't use xISO to make anything.. when u put that in the drive it should boot from that.. are you sure your chip is flashed correctly also??

6. strings41

strings41 Member

I just put the origianl drive in to be sure and it is not flashed. Somehow it lost the frlash during the process. Where can I get the Evox D6 Ejectfix bios. or is there a better one now. Please tell me the name and where I can get it.

Jeffrey

7. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

look around this foram you'll see the link. I would but it up but i've seen it one to many times. Don't want Old Billy finding the website.

8. Dank

Dank Regular member

actually i think you will get banned if you post the addy to that kind of stuff but anyways look around its not hard to find and no thats a good bios its what i use.. do a search on google for it and i bet u will find it somewhere..