1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New iphone user, a bit of info needed please.

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by pro`noob, May 21, 2011.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Hi, just got an iphone 3gs and would like some info on jailbreaking it as I am new to iphones. (it is fully updated as of yesterday)

A few basic questions such as is the process reversible, will my network or apple be able to tell what I have done, will I still be able to use the app store, what possible problems may I encounter, what is the latest/best method/software for the jailbreak, will there be anything that I can no longer do with the phone, how quick/easy is the process?

I know thats quite a few questions :) is there maybe a thread on here that contains some guides or reliable info?

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

It is completely reversible. Your network will not know but it is legal so there are no issues there. Yes of course you can still use the app store and jailbreaking itself gives you more freedom rather than being a prohibitive. I can help you jailbreak successfully. Firstly, which software version are you using? (Settings-General-About)

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Thanks for the reply,

version is coming up as 4.3.3 (8j2)

I did have a quick look on some websites but there seems to be several programs and methods going around and of course I do not want to screw it up :)
    I was also unsure if the sites asking me to download stuff are genuine or not.