1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New LG 50" Rear Projection TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by brad1102, Mar 9, 2005.

1. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I just got my new TV delivered yesturday. It is the first big screen I have ever owned and have a couple of questions.

A lot of light brown tones come out green, is this normal?

I used to have a 32" Wega before this. I really like the many picture presets it had ei. for movies, gaming, cable, and sports - they were quite accurate presets for their intended tones.

My new big screen only has 3 different presets, and they are mostly contrast and brightness adjustments. Is this normal with all brand names, or unique to my LG?

Also, I notice a lot of motion blur on my screen. Am I just not used to such a big screen?

Please let me know if these are major issues. I really wanted to get the same size Hitachi, but my wife made me settle for the LG (cheaper). If I'm going to exchange it, I have to decide within a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. jus2slo

jus2slo Member

you might want to check to see if in the menu there is an auto convergence setting. You can use the auto feature but i would suggest the manual feature. It should have something like two x's on the screen where you have to use your remote to overlap them perfectly, or as close as you can. I had the same problem with my 52 inch rca and this solved the problem.