1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Movies harder to burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mattaggie, Jan 5, 2005.

1. mattaggie

mattaggie Member

I was wondering if my burner is going out or if my software is outdated and cannot burn the new movies. I have been burning movies for the last 1 1/2 and have not had any problems using dvdxcopy platinum 3.1.38 or whatever the latest ripper version was.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Your burner should last you for a few thousand burns. The newer ones are getting faster, but most here burn at 4x to prevent errors etc.

AnyDvd by slysoft is a good ripper. It is regularly updated, gets rid of macrovision, regional coding on you drives etc. I have both ripper & ripper free versions of platinum. AnyDvd has not let me down yet, and boy oh boy, does it get used!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  3. mattaggie

mattaggie Member

Have you been able to make backups of "collateral", "manchurian candidate", "openwater", or any other new dvds. I have not been able to back up any of these and thats why I believe something is wrong with the software or burner.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

pulsar? is anydvd freeware? i have never used it
    with regards hursty

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

AnyDvd is not freeware, but it is a very, very nice app. It removes encryption, macrovision, drive region coding. so you can play any region dvds on your drives without having to worry about the 5 change "rule". You can download a 30 day trial. I would highly recommend it. A lot of us use it to great effect.
    Here is the link for you;
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    I would get the beta version, apparently it will overcome the probs people have had with the latest Resident Evil movie.

Mattaggie, I have not backed up your dvd titles. You may well have encryption probs, but I am not sure! Your burner is not effected by encryption. It is only the software that is affected by encryption. Your burner only burns data. If the software will not allow it, it will not burn, it is not the burner that is at fault, it is the software controlling it!
    Hope this sorts you both out. Let me know how you guys get on.

Kind regards,
    Pulsar

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yes, dvd shrink worked great for all of them.

7. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

Like Pulsar said anydvd is great. I have backed up
    collateral with no problems using Recode2

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Sly61019 makes a very good point that I forgot about, Shrink, another VERY nice compression & ripping tool. Best thing is too is that it is free.