1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new news on the digital front IRE/ENG.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by canon_7, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canon_7

canon_7 Regular member

1st. Impressions of the M.Vision HD-300 Combo net, it has a HD Sat & Freeview SD tuner built in to it also APVR via USB/& Networking 2xc1 slot/ smart card slot/+ Multimedia playback + Streaming. 8,000 channels + Ethernet port & usb. May be a little bit disapponting perhaps for a product in not designed in the current UK market specifically in mind. Remote seem to be in a better constructed design than many other on the market. Price around £2oo But worth a look over all the same. Sony to release a Bravia media streamer /tv & remote using an iphone are the three features os Sony SMP-N100 network media player. IT a hd ready up to 1080i & can play files from USB inserted drives/DLNA-Compatatible networked storage inc> DivXHD/MKV & AVCHD files + Bravia internet video apps which inc>BBCiplayer & of course you tube as well.Free apps are also available for iPhones/iPads Touch & all new Android mobile devices Price around £120 or so. Toshiba bring out a milti media player as well for it Toshiba storE tv+ hard drives up to 2TB / formats are Mpegs-2/Mpegs-4/Mkv/Mp3/Avi + HD files also,But no iplayer or internet access Price £200.People with Philips tvs with Net-tv function & Broadband connection are to get watch tv -on -demand in England. starting pricing subscription of £2:99 a month for the selected channels. Also Virgin's to bring out a Triple tuners with a 1TB storage / alot more to this box. I see BBC is going to go ahead with 3Dtv broadcast ,But there a problem there as the head of the BBC-3D says that he has no plans to bring it to the British public at all ,But he want to bring it to Foreign broadcasters instead . What a waste i say with all the 3Dtvs sold here & UK.
    And to say what ever body is saying in the UK that the BBC can't even produce a good Hi-Def channel let along a 3D channel. I see they are opening a new channel next week called BBC ONE HD.Other news is Sky buying over other provider channel & then closing them down as well & i see SKY acquired some of virgin channels > Channel one & Bravo channels to be shut down by Sky & what Sky is up to is to buy most of the better channel from other providers close them down and open as a new channel as PVV.
    More news is irish terrestial tv digital to start on 31 October. Good reception areas would have a free service as more come on line here , i think RTE will have their boxes as well to buy ,but i say they might have a card to use later on with the boxes not yet.have to wait & see on that. that all for now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.