1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC build oppinions.

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by dazila, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dazila

dazila Regular member

Might aswell go for that samsung.

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

I think I will go for this one this is the best looking monitor i have seen, the Samsung 206BW any opinions?, I will have to buy it off ebay (New though of a store) as its cheaper and i wont have to wait an extra week but I like how it looks opinions?

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't have first hand experience with 20" Samsungs, but if it's anything like the SM226BW (and I don't see why it shouldn't be) then it'll be an excellent monitor.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Im also looking at the 226BW I will measure out my space tomorow (22inches=55cm) to see if it will fit if it does would it be worth waiting 2 weeks for it instead of 1 week for the 20" version?

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I certainly would. You have to look at a monitor all the time, you need it to be good.

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

One more question with this Xpertvision software I got it lets me overclock core to 600mhz memory to 420mhz and shader to I dont know what but I feel like maxing it out would it do any harm?, like that 8500 the other one can go to like 650mhz core and improves FPS hevaily so Ill just try this.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

It wouldn't do any harm really. As long as you don't flash the BIOS. If you screw up overclocking on the driver level it will just revert to normal clocks if you screw up. It might require a restart, although I once had to re-install XP because of this. No hardware will be affected though...

8. dazila

dazila Regular member

I know this is off topic but since its for this new PC I have one set of X530's and want to use them on my TV and PC I know the way is to plug them to the PC and then use a 3.5mm to RCA cord connect the RCA to the out of the TV and connect the Phono to the In on teh soundcard but I cant seem to get it to work when I plug it in and Unmute Line in or Microphone it just goes eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, like its not connected or something I had it working before on my Old Pentium 3 Built in sound this card is a Sound Blaster 5.1 OEM.
    Any Help?

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

Ok well I have got it to work but sound only comes out of Front 2 speakers and Sub nothing from the Center and rear I understand its only a stereo Signal but is there any way AT ALL, in which I can use Line in and out put to 5.1 I know the signal is still Stereo but Is there any way I can get the stereo signal to all 6 speakers not just 3??

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's what's known as stereo upscaling. Digital speakers allow the use of Dolby pro-Logic which is pretty good. Creative sound cards allow you to use CMSS, which is IMO the best way of doing it. As for 5.1, unless the speakers can upscale it, or there's a feature in your sound card's control panel, the only way I can think of doing it is buying a three-way 3.5mm splitter so you can send the "Front" signal to all three channels.

11. dazila

dazila Regular member

I dont really want 5,1 sound just Stereo through all speakers right now it works but im only getting sound through 2 front and sub nothing through Center and rear all I want is that exact same sound to go through the other 3 I dont see why it cant.
    THis is how its plugged in, Speakers X530 run into PC sound Card, 3.5mm cord runs into Line In, the other end has 2 RCA's which run into Tv's RCA OUT Jacks, it works but i can only hear sound from front and sub? can I just enable something or use something to hear from the rear and center, Ive read you can do it with, AC3 Filter but I have not clue how to do it.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If you only feed a surround set of speakers with one stereo input, it will only pass to the front speakers, that's true of almost any set, including my Z-5500s. Where I have a control module to split the stereo or use pro-logic, you have to do the same in software, or just use three cables rather than one.

13. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well is there any possible way I can do it with Software? on the PC? Like anything any program?

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Not sure. I'm sure the realtek HD control panel can do it, but looking at mine I can't figure out how/where.

15. dazila

dazila Regular member

What abotu 3rd party software,
    Like ive read man ive had enough of googling different phrases LOL, that this guy told this other guy using some sort of winamp plugin to do it as hes used it before, and this otehr guy said AC3Filter can do it but it wont start properly it just says its for ofline use as in no media players running which there isnt and now I cant see the live stats and stuff, anything else?
    Whats CMSS for then? i thought its meant to make a virtual sorround thing out of stereo so why isnt it working ?

16. dazila

dazila Regular member

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

CMSS is a feature that convers stereo to surround sound by using the sound card's CPU, but it's only available on creative sound cards.

As for that driverheaven link, I've no experience with third party sound drivers, so by all means try it, but I'd only be of limited help to you...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  18. dazila

dazila Regular member

but thats the thing, I am using a Creative Soundblaster 5.1 OEM card, it supports CMSS and the option is ticked so why wont it convert it to all speakers instead of just Front + Sub.
    Sorry if ive left you think that im still using the Realtek, I would be hadnt it made that annoying noise in the backround.

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah right, my bad. If you go into the EAX console, you get the option of CMSS, but also Stereo Surround. If you click the latter, it should mirror the stereo signal not just to front and right, but also the centre speaker as well. That's the exact setting I use.

20. dazila

dazila Regular member

I never got an EAX Control panel on the driver disc, all i got was, Creative mixer, Diagnostics,recorder and some other Creative things media source and a creative media player.
    I know the card supports EAX because I run it in games that support it and with my old PC with built in sound teh option couldnt be ticked, Can I download the EAX control panel?
    all i have right now is an option to use CMSS.