1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New PC fan speeds

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LMH16, Jun 20, 2007.

1. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Hello,

I have just bought a new pc which is, I am assuming high end, as it has a NVIDIA 8800 GTS graphics card, an Intel quad core CPU and is running vista. I am really pleased with it apart from the fact about how much noise it makes. Now this is the first PC that I have bought that is this powerful, and the most expensive, but should it really make so much noise. I know it has about four fans going in it so I can see whats making the noise, and I think you can alter the fan speeds but if I did do this, is it taking a risk with the cooling. This may sound like a stupid question, but I have never heard a PC this loud, and if it does sound dodgy, should I take it back.

Thank You

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

i am running my gaming rig, it has 6 fans, and it is super loud too. I dont think you should worry about it... You could upgrade to water cooling, for increased cooling and it would subtract the need for alot of fans.

How big are the fans? All mine are 80mm... The 120mm can be a bit noisy though.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If the noise is smooth, involves a specific tone and loud whoosh of air, it's fine. If there's a harsh grinding involved, then you have an issue. Put your hand over the vents at the back, is there loads of air coming out? You may just have a very fast case fan.