1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New RCA Lyra RD2780 problems MPEG4s please help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by teflonz, Jan 13, 2005.

1. teflonz

teflonz Guest

Anyways I just purchased the New RCA Lyra AV Multimedia Jukebox. For those of you unfamiliar with the product, it has a 3.5 inch LCD, 20 GB harddrive. You can store photos, Videos, and of course tons of Mp3s. The Unit has worked great with all the functions for the last 3 days ive been testing it. You can connect it via RCA cable and download TV programs straight to the Lyra ( For recording from DVD players or VHS it has somekinda copyright protection built in which im working on a fix or workaround now to let you know in the future). Tho Only problem I have with it, is to transfer Video from PC to Lyra. The Manual says "you must have video encoded in MPEG4 and the Audio encoded in MP3" Note: "The Lyra AV Jukebox can play most MPEG4-SP video content encoded with the DivX 4/5 and xVID codecs". Wel shoot i know it seem simple but im really starting to get frustrated hence the new thread. I ve tried transfering everymovie i own to this thing but still cant get anything to play right. I do get it to play. but the closest i got was with Austin Powers Spy who shagged(hehehe great flik) me which played but the audio was way out of sync behind the video by about 10-15 secs. Most of the video i get a error message on the Lyra saying "MPEG4-ASP (B Frames detected) Audio May be out of sync" or the audio plays and the video has lines threw it. Man Ive tried everything If someone maybe sees somethin i might have overlooked or maybe theres a good program for taking .avi, DivX or xVID and converting them to MPEG4-SP with MP3 audio compression (freeware if possible)I would be so grateful.

2. manemzjum

manemzjum Member

Codec to use is Divx low motion 320x240 i have bitrate at 408kbps and audio at 96kbps works like a dream not only does it work perfectly but it also stays in sync when you resume the movie from the saved possition it plays outta sync for first few seconds thats it catches up and plays perfect i also use TMPEG 3.0 xpress to encode the files