1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New redesigned DS coming

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by bubsy, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bubsy

bubsy Regular member

The noise level of the rumor that Nintendo will soon be releasing a redesigned Nintendo DS system has gotten so high that the company's been forced to poke its head out and comment.

Earlier this week several retail outlets and Japanese media publications have been reporting that the inevitable Nintendo DS redesign would be coming sooner than expected, and that an official announcement (or even a stealth launch) could happen as soon as next week.

"Clearly, Nintendo DS continues to be one of the most popular and talked-about video game systems available," said a Nintendo of America representative this morning. "Through 2005, some 13 million units have sold worldwide. Nintendo is always looking for ways to improve its games and systems, but we have nothing to announce at this time."

got this from IGN

2. Glitched

Glitched Guest

wow thats sounds cool im gunna get that 1, by anychance did they have pictures?

3. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

that will add fuel to the DS frenzy fire.

4. bubsy

bubsy Regular member

no pictures...nintendo hasnt announced anything officially. I hope they make a better screen..maybe an analog

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

i dont think they will add an analog, but hopefully it will have a mp3 player and internet built in as well as a tv tuner

6. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Its confirmed that its a lie

7. convolute

convolute Regular member

It's not really a lie, they just deflected the rumor mills a bit. Surely with Nintendo's history with their handhelds, plus the success that the DS has received, there would be inevitably be a redesign for the brick of a handheld.

8. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I read on another site they will make one in a year or so

9. convolute

convolute Regular member

I can possibly see it in 2006, but with the revolution coming up, they would want to hype it far more as the DS is already quite established.

Unless of course they want both to try their hand at the connectivity thing again, which was severely lacking support for the most part for the GC.

But the DS was announced/unveiled originally in March 2004, and was released by November. So who knows.

10. Glitched

Glitched Guest

I hope its soon cause i wanna buy a ds!!!! I hope it doesnt take too long

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2006
  11. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

They'd want to redesign the DS anyway, as the WiFiMe & the PassThru devices are eating into their game sales. Nintendo has actually faired better in the war against p1racy while Sony keeps getting 0WNED on their firmware updates. I like Nintendo, i hope they do well with their Rev & DS2.

12. convolute

convolute Regular member

13. svar91

svar91 Regular member

14. Glitched

Glitched Guest

thats a nice design, i would want to buy it

15. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

look...it's the iPod DS. :)

16. lynchy911

lynchy911 Guest

Can't wait to get my NDS redesign :) hope ot comes in so sick colors.

17. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

the iPod DS...now with Digital Rights Management (DRM) included at no extra charge.