1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new samsung plasma & crap virgin cable tv pic!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by craigynet, May 4, 2010.

1. craigynet

craigynet Member

Hi

i got a new 42" samsung PS42C450B 600hz plasma yesterday!! got it all set up, built in freeview pic is excellent, so is dvd & ps3 but the thing i mainly watch is terrible!!

The pic quality on the virgin cable tv is seriously blurry & grainy!! I'm currently using a starview 3 but i've also tried my normal virgin box which is a 2yr old none HD box, both connected via scart to the new TV. The pic is equally as bad on both & is loads better on my 7yr old sony wega 32" crt which is obviously very annoying!!

My mate reads all sorts of magazines & spends quite a bit of cash on home entertainment stuff so does his research. He currently has a 50" pioneer plasma which cost him alomost £2.5k i think & with that he has sky digital!! The pic on his is a million times better than mine!! i'd expect his pic to be a bit better than mine has he's prob paid more for the screen size etc!!

anyways, he says my crap pic is due to the virgin box with it not being hdmi etc

anybody else got any ideas?

i am toying with the idea of getting a new starview hd box!!

Craig

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

Mah mate.. the crap off the cable is because that's the horrid 320x240 junk mpegs virgin are streaming.. looks bloody awful everywhere... They want you to pay a fortune to go HD.. for the 3 or 4 channels there are..