1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Starview USB fix on the way (no new firmware for the starview 3(the box super))

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dublin18, Jun 23, 2009.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No it's just multiposting.

2. gaffs89

gaffs89 Member

So do you think Starview should be let off the hook?

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Me ?, i don't use any of these boxes, i'm just here to keep the forums clean. The multiposting had been dealt with, no need for anyone else to comment on it.

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

[​IMG] you believe what you want mate.If people cannot accept fact that's their own problem.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  5. gaffs89

gaffs89 Member

My problem and alot of other peoples problem is a useless starview box thats less than a year old.

6. driverdj

driverdj Member

I'm begining to think that some of these 'experts' who keep saying there be no fix are only interested in selling new boxes! [/quote]

big time.they came up with a starview 4 and kryptview fix quicksmart.
    i believe they can do the same wit the older ones but wont coz their moneys been made on them.

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

yes mate and iv'e 2 boxes lying there with no channels as well,there's is no point in blaming any one on this forum for fixes(and this applies to driverdj as well)we do not do fixes for any box,fixes are done by the maker's of these boxes.There is no one i can see on this forum selling boxes,all i see are people being helpful and pointing members to on line stores that sell kryptview&starview 4

8. sm1thers

sm1thers Member

Who updates eamos library folks? just curious when an update comes out who puts it in there.

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

eamo [​IMG]

10. gaffs89

gaffs89 Member

[/quote]yes mate and iv'e 2 boxes lying there with no channels as well,there's is no point in blaming any one on this forum for fixes(and this applies to driverdj as well)we do not do fixes for any box,fixes are done by the maker's of these boxes.There is no one i can see on this forum selling boxes,all i see are people being helpful and pointing members to on line stores that sell kryptview&starview 4[/quote]
    Exactly mate, the makers do the fixes, and they are watching forums like this.I accept that most people ,are here to help,and we all have got great help, but you cant be so naive as to think that none are in the business. Look at the top of the page , there are 3 ads for sites selling new boxes.

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

yes mate and iv'e 2 boxes lying there with no channels as well,there's is no point in blaming any one on this forum for fixes(and this applies to driverdj as well)we do not do fixes for any box,fixes are done by the maker's of these boxes.There is no one i can see on this forum selling boxes,all i see are people being helpful and pointing members to on line stores that sell kryptview&starview 4[/quote]
    Exactly mate, the makers do the fixes, and they are watching forums like this.I accept that most people ,are here to help,and we all have got great help, but you cant be so naive as to think that none are in the business. Look at the top of the page , there are 3 ads for sites selling new boxes.[/quote]who's being naive mate as i told you "links to online stores"which is what them 3 adds are for.

12. sm1thers

sm1thers Member

`

Doh - should have expected that!

13. driverdj

driverdj Member

i totally agree.i wasnt having a go at anyone on the forum,
    just at the manufacturer's of the boxes that dont seem 2 b supported anymore.
    i could b wrong tho,perhaps the older boxes just aren't capeable of a fix.
    its possible the latest ones are as they're prob more advanced.
    who knows!

14. gaffs89

gaffs89 Member

Karl lets agree to disagree and I'll get a Kryptview. Can we send all the unsupported Starviews to the 3rd world or something.Like they do with old mobiles. sorry to be so narky, I'm missing the rugby.

15. mancred

mancred Regular member

lol - 3rd world was a classic!

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

no bother@gaffs89,@driverdj the kryptview is an old box and that got a fix,obviously the makers of starview(that took nearly 4 months for a fix for the usb4)want people to buy their latest box and couldnt give a toss about folks with the older models,so as i have said before what do's that say about which box to buy(and i'm not selling any lol)

17. gaffs89

gaffs89 Member

Of course the difference is the old mobiles still work!

18. driverdj

driverdj Member

i dont even hav a starview lol
    stuck with a eurovox 5000pvr.my kids gonna get pissed off soon watching the same recorded thomas the tank engines now his channels gone ha ha!!

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

affs thats a bummer,tryed to warn folks about spending to much on these boxes.

20. driverdj

driverdj Member

sure i got good use out of it.have it a year or more.
    does the hard drive in the ex5000 fit the sv4. i know it dosent fit my ps3,think it might b a strange connection on the hard drive.
    loads of pins