1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Starview USB fix on the way (no new firmware for the starview 3(the box super))

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dublin18, Jun 23, 2009.

1. cathaldub

cathaldub Regular member

you can put it in a 2.5inch usb caddy, cost ya about 20 euro and will then work with most devices :)

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

lets all live like this[​IMG]

and give this[​IMG] type of thing up once and for all like i said 2 pages ago.

3. twiney1

twiney1 Member

how come to can release firmware for a starview 4 why cant they release one for a starview super

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

id like to here a good reply to that aswell???
    i have a usb box since christmass and waz about to send it over to my inlaws in uk bout 2 weeks ago because i got a kryptview,
    and then hey presto they come out with a fix for it and now we are been told most of the other boxes that support nag.1 are'nt been fixed,
    but i cant really complain myself cos i really got my money's worth out of my old box
    /starview,digibox,eurovox,replaylite,ect,ect[​IMG]

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Starview stopped supporting the older boxs a long while back, they were done by another source of their own back and time, For me, anyone with a Sv1 or the box got their money and 100 times more and they cant be expected to run for ever, even now the reaction to now fix for a SV1 makes me laugh!

what I dont agree with them not doing a fix for is the Superbox, but as money walks and bullshit talks,

Same with all the older Euro's, if ya still had em up to now, same as above, but they should fix their last lot of boxs. But why fix a box thats over 2 year old when ya can buy a new one!! to much money to be made in this and to be honest gettting what yer getting for 100 notes, 2 years TV is nothing.

Some people think when the pay for one these things they should last the test of time, the cable scene changes all the time as we can see and will continue to do so, if ya want to keep up with the jones, ya have to pay to do so. If we buy em, the will keep churning out new ones, ya see TV is a drug that most cant do with out and they know it

Jut my opinion

6. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

i could'nt have put it better myself why come out with a fix when they can make €€€€€ by selling a new 1 be fore we change to nag.3

also for all of you's that have the box usb and are missing some chanells like the adult,ect try this modified fix
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/17021639/1d7b8d51/sharing.html its the data of my own box that i have since x.mass

7. sm1thers

sm1thers Member

Its a shame a private programmer woudlnt crack it for the older boxes and sell the code. I know i for one wouldnt mind spending a few euro each time a fix came out.

I know controlling it would be near to impossible since it would be easily shared online once one person bought it.

8. shaun1733

shaun1733 Regular member

they are there to make money and we are here to save money if they dont make money then after a while we will not be able to save money swings and roundabouts whos complaining not me

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Thats it, I mean if I were a makers of boxs, I wouldnt be keeping boxs that are over 2 to 3 year old going, doesnt make business sense in any company, But I would maintian the last two models at least as I would like to keep a customer base. As I said the only reason the older SV and Euro's were still running was down to another source doing the fixs, so in fact if those fixs werent done, people with the older boxs would have been replacing their boxs before now.

10. dguilfoyl

dguilfoyl Member

guys

I Dont want to come accross as a complete half witt, but am i missing something here, I have the SV The Box Super USB, I have Installed the Latest BIN file, and i have the freeview channels, but none of the $ channels are comming in, like the first time i instaled the box i just let the TheBoxSuperUSB_BG_LOGO_080904_.bin file rub, but it never gets to cmplete, so I just bounce the BOX, then i tried in install ALL_CHANELLS_FOR_BOX_USB_DATA_file_only.bin but it still only gives the freeviews, can someone advise what i need to do to get the $ channels Back
    Regards
    D

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

press menu - type 1570 - tap down to EMU/Keycode and use the remote to turn it on by highlighting and tap across, press exit and exit out to a tv chan and done

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

menu 1570 keycode to on and exit out.same as emu on old boxes,need to do it every time you factory reset and auto scan.

13. cactikid

cactikid Active member

too slow in my old age lol

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

"walks away and whistles"...........lol

15. dguilfoyl

dguilfoyl Member

Quit your whistles Fellas, :) I had this working untill xmas, then it stopped with the change to Nag2, so i am trying to get it back working, not asking for new codes, just asking if i need to enter new codes? located in south Dublin, D18

16. dguilfoyl

dguilfoyl Member

OK correction, most channells comming in, thanks men, thou same question, seem to have just Audio on some of the $ channels

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

18. shaun1733

shaun1733 Regular member

have 2 starview 4 usb but one of them stopped accepting the remote commands any ideas

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

try the other remote, could be one is dodgy

20. millrot

millrot Member

batterys....ha