1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Starview USB fix on the way (no new firmware for the starview 3(the box super))

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Dublin18, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dguilfoyl

dguilfoyl Member

Guys, Need some More Help, and i recon UPC are the ones that are wrong, this is with Regard to my parents house in Greystones

We have an old GENERAL INSTRUMENT JERROLD Cable Reciever http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/111/373/032/VPXV.jpg that enables me to recive sky Sports 1-3, and it previously allowed me to recives Sky movies 1,2 and Classic until about 2 years ago when UPC cut it off, i still have the standard channels, (including E4, at the races, mtv, cartoon Network)and my sports.

UPC inform me that I am unable to recieve a digital feed, as the road is not cabelled for Fibre, and the locaiton of the house will not work for a private mds arial.

I am Sorry But i will post this in another trad as i do not think other will comment on this.

However when doing an Auto tune on the 2nd tv in the house, that is fed via old coaxial and is off a boosted signal from a 3 way booster, i recived a channel that has a full Blue UPC User interface, when all of a sudden someone changed the channell to Alibi, then to TCM, and SKY Two, the thing is it is not a feed from my house.

I am curious of a few things.
    1.How am i recieving what appears to be another users Scart Feed.
    2.How are they reciving this feed, if they can have it I am happy to order it
    3.If a 15 year old JERROLD box can decode Sky Sports on this feed, surly there is something upc can do.

Also, I tried a Starview box on this feed 6 months to no avail, is it posible that the service has been upgraded and the Helpdesk in UPC don't know.

2. lgys15653

lgys15653 Member

hi all if i have posted this on the wrong pages i am sorry. anyway can any one help? i have a friends starview 3 the box and all it says is no signal i have tried every thing i know which is not a lot, factory reset and i have even reinstalled the software and still the same i have tried it on 3 different cable connections, mine and his but still nothing. can any one help.

3. hooter008

hooter008 Guest

is your normal cable/mmds coming through without your box connected?
    or do you have the cable in the correct input?
    also are you putting the proper software on doing a factory reset then scanning in for the channels.

4. lgys15653

lgys15653 Member

thanks for the reply i have a box which is working, so i connected it to this connection and still it does not work.

5. karljd

karljd Regular member

Go to menu-1570 and press set default key,exit and see if that works.

6. hooter008

hooter008 Guest

are you sure you flashed it with the proper firmware,
    also are you sure the starview 3 works in your area?

7. hooter008

hooter008 Guest

also make sure 'emu' is on when you do that aswell

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

starview 2=the box
    starview 3=the box super
    check name on front of unit then correct firmware and loader.
    coaxial-cable input

9. lgys15653

lgys15653 Member

i have the right software on as i have done ten other boxes when they all went down in November and its the box 3 not the new one with the usb, the one before that they stopped making after i have redone the firm ware it goes to the install page then to the channels it goes all the way through and finds no channel. but mine is working from this connection so its not the connection. any ideas?

10. lgys15653

lgys15653 Member

as for the firmware. it says
    the box super
    api ver 8.02e-E
    boot ver : 8.00
    30 nov 2008
    this is what i am running on mine and its ok.

11. hotmomaa

hotmomaa Member

Does anyone know how to get the record function to work on the Digivox usb? When I press record it just acts as a reminder and when I check the USB is states that there are no files!