1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Subject Forum: Online Games

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by gamer_god, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gamer_god

gamer_god Guest

I think we should have a new forum topic called "Online Games" or something and you can only talk about games on the internet. Anyone who thinks we should post a comment on the thread.

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes, but online games aren't really OS dependent; I think it's different, but I don't think it'd create a big enough interest to warrant a section for itself.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it would either. Which reminds me, there's a new forum that was created here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/228 that (as suspected) is totally under-used, i must dig out the relevant thread link for it and let the Admins know..

5. varnull

varnull Guest

I agree.. It's pretty pointless because online games either work or they don't... All we would get is constant requests for cheats, keys, serials and unbanning cheats... Not to mention all the morons wanting laggers and other crap to ruin others online gaming experiences...

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I didn't even know that existed. I fail to see the point.. It's not like DVD players with VCRs in them work any differently to stand-a-lones..

7. varnull

varnull Guest

Actually Jack... they have one glaring difference.. With the combos you can't shove a macrovision stripping box into the loop, limiting your vhs/dvd conversion possibilities. Lots of vhs films have never shown up on dvd.. I have heaps and heaps.. and every single one is stuffed full of macrovision junk in one form or another. That section died when MikeAdams had a wobbler because we called him a "pointless self important pillock" and his device "obsolete".. Cruel but true methinks...

Where can you buy a dvd/vhs combo in Europe?.. I haven't seen one for about 5 years now.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
  8. gamer_god

gamer_god Guest

Yeah something like that but that forum is game discs you put in your computer. Also, the rest of you are probably right about people asking for cheats and things.

9. creaky

You wouldn't believe the pain and suffering i (frequently) have to go thru due to being subscribed to the Runescape type threads that we have here. Human beings shouldn't be subjected to such horrors, things like that just can't be 'un-seen'.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  10. varnull

varnull Guest

Dear Creaky.. cn u plz plz snd me t chetz 4 mre gld?? wan lvl up bt knt.

OMFG.. Yeah.. I save seen in there once... and once was enough.. It's as bad as the psp kindergarden.

Is there any difference at all between game disks you put in your computer and then play online and those that exist purely on servers somewhere??... errrrmmm... no?

11. gamer_god

gamer_god Guest

No not really but there tends to be little more people on the server ones than on the disc ones. Oh and creaky, yeah I looked at some of those runescape forums and wont be going back soon.

12. varnull

varnull Guest

Why not start a couple of threads for the more popular online games and see if there is any demand?

13. gamer_god

gamer_god Guest

Yeah that's a good idea, and I probably will, but I think someone with a higher member status should do it also, maybe like...creaky? Also, which forum section would that go under?

14. creaky

15. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member