1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Taiyo Yuden DVD medium (silver, 8x) burn error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SLBeck, Jun 13, 2007.

1. SLBeck

SLBeck Member

I'm so frustrated. I have been trying to get a good movie burned for a while now--- I had skipping and freezing at the end, so I just bought the new medium from Supermediastore.com. When it arrived today, I was so excited. I use Acala DVD Creator to decode and burn. Everything started out just fine but when it got to the step to burn the DVD, it immediately got a burn error and ejected the DVD. The burner is a Artec VOM 2e. I thought maybe I needed a firmware update but I haven't been able to find one anywhere on the net. Can you please help me? I'm new to all of this. I've read thru the guides and other posts but haven't seen anything that addresses this problem. I sure would like to watch a movie tonight!

2. SLBeck

SLBeck Member

Alittle more information... The log shows everything is successful including a test of the unit, but the burn has an error after 25 seconds. I've tried it twice with the same results each time. Any suggestions?

3. SLBeck

SLBeck Member

Third try was perfect. Don't know why the first two didn't work but this last one was absolutely perfect --- not a twitch, skip, freeze --- absolutely great picture. You were right about the Memorex being crap! I'm very happy now.