1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Cooling - Need Help - Which Is Best Liquid Or Heatpipes/Heatsink Cooling?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dougal79, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

i'm going to start building a gaming pc soon when directx10 graphics & vista comes out. i'm unsure of which processor to go for, & have so far narrowed it down to [bold]core 2 duo e6600, amd athlon 64 x2 4600+, amd fx-60/62[/bold] or wait till the [bold]quad core[/bold] cpu's come out.. anyway, to the real point i'm posting.. i want to set up my new pc with [bold]liquid cooling[/bold], but am unsure what i'll need or where to start. i've picked out the following parts & would appreciate if someone would look through them & give me any help. the parts:- [bold]zalman zm-wb3 or wb4 gold cpu waterblock, danger den maze 4 chipset waterblock, thermaltake aquabay m4 hdd waterblock cl-w0082, thermaltake aquabay m1 liquid level & flow indicator, thermochill pa120.3 or thermaltake aquabay m2 120mm cl-w0021 radiators, swiftech mcp-350 in line 12v dc pump, thermaltake aquabay m3 liquid tank cl-w0031, & x-treme h20 coolant 2oz or crazypc uv plasma blue reactive 2oz..[/bold] i don't even know if these parts will be compatible with each other or if 2 of these parts do the same job.. [bold]i would really appreciate some help here :D ..[/bold] if i wasn't going to go with [bold]liquid cooling[/bold] i was just going to get either the [bold]scythe ninja plus rev b heatsink with a thermaltake a2018 120mm fan or ocz tempest universal cpu heatpipe cooler or the coolermaster rr-ccx-w9u1 mars cpu cooler or even the titan amanda tec heatpipe cpu cooler, scythe quitedrive hdd silencer, thermaltake extreme spirit II northbridge chipset cooler, & a jing ting forcetake offset heatpipe cooler rev 2..[/bold] which would be best for [bold]performance & overclockability?[/bold] the [bold]liquid cooling[/bold] or the [bold]heatpipes/heatsink with fans?[/bold] any help, advice, suggestions are welcome, [bold]THANKS[/bold]

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

water cooling will give you better results when ocing, but will cost more more.

as to the parts you listed i dont know, try asking in the official cooling/building threads(stickys at the top of the threads page) and you will get more relpys from people who have already been where you are now and know some of the problems you might face.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.