1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to DVD/RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Eds, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Eds

Eds Member

I have been experimenting with copying DVDS and have used DVD RIPPer and DVD SHRINK ETC. I tried as an experiment for the first time DECSS to harddrive and I use DVD playback software and I have no problem playing files . I noticed that playback of files after using DECSS has video and audio playback issues. Of course I want to see if I can clean this up with another program or should I abandon this idea. I have been able to burn DVD but of course they won't playback. I have read and tried so many things I thought I would try this forum. This is more of a experiment than anything else. Thanks for any feedback

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

In my experience, you can't make video quality any better than your initial rip. No matter what you do, quality will degrade as u process it further.

That's why it's important to always use a really good ripping software. If the software you are using gives u a crappy rip....then toss it. Any attempt to improve quality on the files it produced will likely be fruitless. My opinion.....of course.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

4. Eds

Eds Member

I have used the combination of DVD SHRINK and NERO but
    the resulting product appears not to play.But I have only tried Power Dvd player on the computer. I will try again and let you knw the outcome.
    Thanks for the response(s).
    ED

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Ed,

Try to do it exactly -

All I use is Power DVD

"P"

6. Eds

Eds Member

For ScubaPete
    I did manage to get the latest version of Nero and I finally had success in making a backup dvd. I find that it wants to play with the Nero Show Time player.
    When I check the files created with nero backup they appear to be nero showtime files. Of course my Power DVD player will not play the movie. Now that I think I am on the right track can You advise what I should try to correct this? I followed the outline of the Nero guide posted on this site. Recording DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
    I was and am a lot happier now that I didn't get any errors while recording. I should also ask the following
    question, what will I have to do to play these backups on my home theatre dvd player as I am sure that will be my next issue? Thanks so much in advance for the help..
    ED

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Eds,

Glad we got you this far :))

Not to sure what's going on now (I don't do that much with ISO's)

Try to rename your files, they are so close it might work -

"P"