1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to Karaoke

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djmom, Mar 2, 2005.

1. djmom

djmom Guest

Want to start up a home set up for karaoke and don't know where to start. I have things coming back like is my player able to copy cd+g, how do I find out?
    Also free downloads of karaoke music. Website I can subcribe to and get music?
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

2. shezacat

shezacat Member

For this to work, you must have access to newsgroups. Best to use XNews and go to alt.binaries.sounds.karaoke for music. You will need yEncode to decode files to zip files. Zip files unzip to two files (.cdg and .mp3). Use MP3+G Toolz to combine two fies into one .bin file. Burn .bin files to disc with Alcohol 120%, CDRWin, etc. If you want to play and sing directly off the hard drive, use MicroStudio.These directions are very simplified. Read and learn!

3. djmom

djmom Guest

thanks for the reply but what should I do first. I just detected that my cd drive doesn't write cd+g
    where do i get yencode? I have microstudio and mp3+gtools
    Which came first the chicken or the egg.
    confused about the order in which to use all of this.
    thanks

4. shezacat

shezacat Member

First, get a new burner. I'd go with a Plextor.
    Install software in this order:

WinZip (or equivalent)
    XNews
    YEnc
    WinAmp
    Sax & Dotty’s Karaoke Zip Player
    MP3+G Toolz
    CDRWIN
    MicroStudio
    Surething CD Labeler

Open XNews, click on Server, then News. Enter the name of the News Server that your ISP uses. You may have to contact your ISP if you don’t know this. If XNews doesn’t offer to get the Newsgroup list, click on Group, then Get Entire Newsgroup List. After list is complete, navigate in small window to alt.binaries.sounds.karaoke and double click on it. A new window will open up and (after awhile) all the available messages will be in that window. Make sure this is not a split window. Scroll around and chose (by clicking on the message and then hitting the space bar) the messages that you want to download. Be aware that the little symbol to the left will tell you if the message is complete! No point in downloading incomplete files. Once you have chosen all that you want, click on the Decode button or hit F4. You can close XNews after all files have been decoded.
    Open Sax & Dotty’s Karaoke Zip Player. Click on Add File and navigate to the directory where you put your decoded files. You can add them all at once, one at a time, or selecting certain ones. You should select all your newly downloaded files. Click on the file you want to hear, and click on the Play button at the bottom left. Be aware that the little karaoke window will be hidden until you bring it to the front. If the files are OK and they are the ones you want, close this program.
    Unzip all files you want to burn to disc into a single directory. Each zip file will unzip to two files (a .cdg and an .mp3). These two files MUST have the exact same name, so if you rename one you must rename the other.
    Open MP3+G Toolz (it takes awhile). Click on MP3+G to Bin. Navigate to the directory where you unzipped your files, then click OK. After MP3+G Toolz is done, close it.
    Open CDRWIN and select CD+G at the top. Click on the Add button and navigate to the directory where you unzipped your files. Using the ctl key and your mouse, choose only the .bin files (all of them) in the directory. Click Open. Click OK. After the cuesheet is compiled, check to see that the Disc Running Time does not exceed the maximum length of the CD you are burning to. Change Speed to a slow speed (4X or 8X). Click Start Recording. After CD is finished, close CDRWIN.
    Open MicroStudio. Click on the Play tab, then click on the Use CDROM Drive button. Click on the TOC Refresh button. Select all files and click the Play button. Write down all the names and artists of the songs in the order that they are on the disc (you may have to refer back to your original .zip files for this info). Close MicroStudio.
    Open SureThing CD Labeler and create a label for your new disc.