1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Mini DV recorders

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by knightsar, Dec 13, 2004.

1. knightsar

knightsar Member

I have just purchased a Sony Handycam DCR-hc40. Is this a good Video Camera? Which software is the best to transfer to DVD? I also have DVDXCopy Platinum and don't want any conflicts with that program.

2. flaur

flaur Member

you could use pinnacle studio 9 (updated to version 9.3.5 at least, 'cause previous version have some serious bugs). you can do capturing, editing and burning cd's/dvd's. you won't need other software to manage your movies.

3. knightsar

knightsar Member

How much dose it cost? Best place to purchase?

Thanks flaur

4. flaur

flaur Member

for prices you should check their site www.pinnaclesys.com or some local provider of yours.

there also are some other software that will do the job done like ulead movie factory, sony vegas, adobe premiere, etc. any of this costs money to get a licence. I recomanded pinnacle first because to me its the easyest one to play with and is quite complete

also you could try virtual dub, which I think is free, and can do capturing. but if you need some more elaborate solution you should stick to the above softwares