1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to online gaming, have a few questions

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by jerecho, Oct 20, 2010.

1. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

I was a xbox 360 player for quite some time and I am tired of paying for xbox live especially when I only play about 10 times a month at most. I'm big into all the call of duty's and halo type multiplayer games. Are these games just as good through windows? Do you have to pay any type of fee's to play online? I really like the feel of the xbox 360 controller. Is there anything out there that is similar and wireless for the computer? I have two computers in my home. 1 in the living room hooked up to my 52'' lcd and 1 in my office. Will I be able to install the game and play online on both computers? Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I think they are (this is my opinion) More detailed, higher graphics.

Nope. 99% of the games are free for multiplayer gaming.

You can buy controllers for the PC but that does not mean they will work with the games. If you purchase a game and want to use a controller I would read up and do some research before buying a game and try to use a controller. This is my opinion again but once you start gaming on a PC and use a mouse and keyboard you will never go back to controllers :)

You can install the same game on both computers but you cannot go online at the same time unless you buy 2 of the same game. Each game has there own authentic license and if you try to play online with both computers using the same license it will detect and kick you off.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

3. jerecho

jerecho Regular member

Have you played the new cod black opps? Is a game like this playable with a keyboard or would this be best with a controller?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

360 controller can be used on a pc with the adaptor however a controller is no match for a keyboard & mouse find the article on an experiment where microsoft let pc gamers & 360 gamers play against one another,sadly the pc users owned & the gamers weren't noobs

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have played Black Ops but only with keyboard and mouse...sorry man.