1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Video Capture ... need help ... no sound

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by spirittoo, Dec 19, 2009.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Hi all I just purchase a TVR PCI TV Tuner Card ...
    [​IMG]

It's a Sabrent SAA 7130 I get video fine, but no sound ... the instruction don't give must info on how to hook up a VCR ... I can't hook up the audio from the vcr to the audio on the card because the plugs are different ... and I see no adapter ... I have the line in from the computer hook into the audio out on the card, but no sound ... can anyone help me with this?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Looks like there isn't much activity going on in this forum so I guess I won't look for an answer here ... I did find out that I need an adapter so I can hook up the vcr sound to the sound card which mean I have to order one before I can go any further with this.

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

4 hours.. impatient aren't we..

go on.. sling your hook!!

4. fez1122

fez1122 Member

I had the same problem with the same card. Are you using the Tv Expert software? Make sure that the two male sided aux cable that came with it is going from the line out hole on the 7130 card to the line in hole on your computer. Then in the Tv Expert settings make sure audio input is set to line in.

If you are using Windows Media Center I don't recommend bothering to figure it out, I did after a lot of work but it has many issues with that hardware.

Yeah be patient, I have been waiting for three days with a much simpler post. The Afterdawn community is very helpful you just need to be patient.

5. spirittoo

spirittoo Regular member

Thank you for your reply ... but don't I have to have that adapter cable to hook the VCR sound to the capture card?