1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to XBIT few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pipbal, Sep 12, 2004.

1. pipbal

pipbal Member

Hi ,

i just ordered me a XBIT modchip for Xbox but i have a few questions.

i just wanna play backuped games do i have to flash the XBIT or does it works out of the box.

if i have to flash the XBIT what is the best bios to use (i read something about EvolutionX ? )

Where to get the Bios EvolutionX ? or some other bios

is it possible to play divx movies ?

Thank you verry much

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Sorry, you can't just play backup games with the Xbit chip right out of the box. You need to flash the bios banks first with a bios of your choice. Xbox Station has a good number of bios. You can start out with X2 4983 (.06/.67). I can't say which is best, these are just the most recent bioses. Xbox Station has them and other programs. If you want, you have the choice of using up to 6 different bios because the Xbit has 6 bios banks. You can try X24983.06, X24983.67, Evolution X M8 or Evolution X M7 colored.

You'll need a program called XBM ( xbox bios manager) which allows you to increase the size of your bios. When you download a bios, the default size is 256k. When you start up the xbit flash software, you'll notice all the bank slots with different sizes. Use XBM to make your bios into the size the slots require ( 256k,512k or 1MB size). When I just got my xbit, I flashed to bank 4 which required 256k bios in 2 banks. Use the same bios twice to fill the slots. Don't mix different bios in the same bank.

After you flash, reboot and if you were sucessful, you'll see Xecuter2 ( or Matrix Inside if you used Evolution) in place where Microsoft would appear. If you see that, you then need to install a desktop. You should look for Slayers 2.5/2.6 and burn it to a memorex CD-RW. Use slayers because it includes all the applications such as a collection of desktops, the harddrive loader and media player. If you don't want to use slayers and do it manually, http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/xbox.html is a helpful site to get you started.

You'll need the media player for DivX and thoes movies must be FTP into the video section of the media player folder.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  3. pipbal

pipbal Member

thank you verry much for this reply it helped me a lot

can you pls check your PM

4. djvtec5

djvtec5 Guest

i just bought a xbit but dont understand how to flash can someone help me please ive had the chip 4 4 moths now

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Start by going to the DMS homepage for the flash software and instuctions :

http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/xbit/site.pl?page=home

If you are using Win XP, the software might freeze on you. It happened to me but after I tried it with 98se it worked fine. Read the above post reguarding bioses and dashboards.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  7. richo_3

richo_3 Member

im still tring to flash my xbit
    the xbit software 1.5 donest wor for me . it connects and wen u click write it just erases and then says failed
    ive tried using a different pc but still wont work
    ive tried it on xp and 2000

8. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I had the same problem. You need to flash on a computer with Win98 installed.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  9. philip869

philip869 Member

hey can u post the direct link to the actual bios u r talking about like www.thissite/bios.zip

10. petypablo

petypablo Member

Hey can you help me?
    I have a xbit V1.5 and I cant back up my xbox games to my hard drive. The farest I can go is getting a connection from my xbit to my computer (Using my flash software)do you know how to back up xbox games to my hard drive w/ the xbit. If you could please direct me on how to.
    Thanks...