1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TV today!....tell me what you think?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by skater685, Jul 14, 2006.

1. skater685

skater685 Regular member

well today i bought a Samsung(new model) 42" plasma HD,it's got full
    HDMI ports etc...i spent $4495 on it...i think it's great,espacially with my xbox 360 that i bought...well is it a good tv...because the SD version was only $2800,so i paid alot more for Hd

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What is the model number of your tv set? I ask because the price seems a little high. For that price you could get a Pioneer 42" or Panasonic 50" which are both better plasma sets.

Ced

3. skater685

skater685 Regular member

4. skater685

skater685 Regular member

also i have a problem with the tv,the picture is a little fussy,this is when watching tv using satelite(cable)tv...the people's bodies are fussy and generally my old 19" crt tv looked better...is there some settings that i'm supposed to change or something?

5. skater685

skater685 Regular member

i also noticed that at teh tv store,my tv looked alot better,could this be because of the cable quality?,should i get monster cables? will that make the image clear?

6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Did you properly match your source? What you need is HD Cable/Satellight service not just standard and/or digital service.

Also Component Video and HDMI/DVI are the best connecions available. Make sure as many as your components use them as possible. HDMI is better than Compoenent Video for your type of display.

It doesn't matter what brand of cable you use really. Although I recommend Acoustic Research cables.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  7. skater685

skater685 Regular member

there running into the tv on av in cables...my xbox is using one of the component port range.and my xbox 360 looks amazing on the tv...the tv has hdmi's inputs but my satelite box thingy(decoder)
    has no hdmi outputs,just standard av outputs,but the company is "sky" and in 2 years there signal will be running at 720p

8. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

I had the same problem with all of the Samsung Plasmas I have bought.Fuzzyness totally sucks.I decided to go with the 60" Sony SXRD for my Bedroom instead.Much better in clarity and quality.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  10. skater685

skater685 Regular member

yeah well i wanted a plasma and i didn't want less than a 42".and therefore the samsung hd model was cheaper than the others