1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new version out! Not on your mirror

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Yardwaste, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Yardwaste

Yardwaste Member

When are you going to have the latest version up on you "Official"
    download mirror? (Nero-6.6.0.15.exe instead of .14)

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Nero hasn't even posted the Release Notes/Change Log yet...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

4. Yardwaste

Yardwaste Member

No problem--found it on many other mirror sites. Ahead's ftp and mirror sites as WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too slow???

Major Geeks had the fastest d/l!

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thanks for mentioning Major Geeks!

I'll use that next time. I did the upgrade this morning and the downloads took a couple of hours. It did not matter if I used ftp or http both slower than molasses. In the past I've waited a couple of weeks but it did not improve the time much. It just crawls.

6. Yardwaste

Yardwaste Member

Ya--you would think that a company as big as Ahead would actually provide some bandwidth for their product. Even the german and swedish servers were bogged down. Major Geeks --ba da boom--I had it.
    Will have to wait for the other package updates though. Geeks was only hosting the main Nero update (package 1).

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Yardwaste

I thank you to for the Major Geeks, tip, I echo fasfrank Nero is the slowest.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'll haved a mooch around, but will only apply it later, and for now i'll just read the changelog (if i can find it). I don't like being a tester for company's patches so always wait little while for the early adopters out there to try stuff first. With work-related patches i wait months. Anyway, off to have a look, thanks for the heads up..

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I think all of us have been beta testing Nero for years!

10. creaky

lmao. what i missed from my previous reply was that i don't think i've ever had a Nero problem, and i've used if for donkey's years. Which is ironic as i spend so much time fixing people's Nero problems :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005
  11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@fasfrank

Lol, judging from the logs, I'd say yes.

12. btitus

btitus Regular member

I was thinking that something was wrong with my cpu since the Nero update was taking so long to download. Glad to know that it wasn't just me!!!

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Do the people from Nero read this forum! I know cccampbell works for them, do any of the "bigwigs" take note of what we all say about Nero?

14. creaky

i'm sure they do from time to time. the only thing i don't like 'bout Nero that i can think of, is the serial number being in the logfiles by default. that's just wrong.

15. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I think they must know we are here. Now if they were smart they would give AD folks a discount like Slysoft is doing.

I really wish that Nero would give us a definitive guide to log files. The only guide I've ever seen is the "How to read a Nero Log" at Ahead.com. I think it's for Nero 5.

I've got some charts and guides I use for sense codes and a few other codes but it sure would be great to have something from Nero.

I think the next time I look at one of those NVE logs I'm going to go blind. Man those things are long!

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I must admit I have seen lots of serial numbers in the logs. Free for all to take!

Pulsar

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree on needing some guidance for the Nero logs, the only thing they have at Nero on it is outdated and refers to CD's and the NVE logs are mind boggling. I tried comparing the posters to my own, but it still doesn't help. As for the serial numbers even when you ask the poster to edit them out they don't sometimes.

18. creaky

that's exactly why the serials shouldn't be in logfiles in the first place. As to reading standard Burning Rom logs, they're easy, the Nerovision logs seem to dictate better knowledge of Nerovision (and ability to read Egyptian hieroglyphs) - neither of which i have :).
    ps I didn't know there was a guide on log reading, or that it was outdated.

As to sense codes i'd only worry about those if we saw more variety in the sense codes around here. It's the same on the big Tape Robots i work with, the sense codes would be nice to know, but usually only seem relevant if you can't fix/decode the other associated problems, ie as long as i get a backup fail due to writing or positioning or read error or whatever error that makes 'sense', the actual sense code from the hardware is superfluous.