1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New video card advice

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jd12781, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jd12781

jd12781 Guest

Hello,

I need some video card advice; I’m in the proccess of upgrading my computer so I will list my specs first.

Pentium D 945 3.4GHZ
    1.536MB DRAM
    400GB Hard drive ->currently have 130GBP
    Intel D945PVSLKR Socket 775 Motherboard (PCI Express)

I purchased a Radeon x1600 Pro on eBay but they guy sent me a defective card so I’m in the process of disputing the charges. I always had an ATI card but im willing to look at a Geforce one as well. Now im looking to run games like company of heroes and medieval total war on max settings and I want to get a card that will be vista reedy. Thing is im on a tight budget so im willing to spend under $200 for one. Should I try again by purchasing a x1600 Pro or is that not going to be vista compatible? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks allot

-Jeremy

2. jd12781

jd12781 Guest

Ok I narrowed it down to 2 7600GT or 7900GT they seem to have the same specs only the 7699 is 100 dollars cheaper. Any idea anyone?

3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

the higher the number the better it is and you get what you pay for.

this article is about another new card but the tests compare it to both you mention and some others you should consider.

i hope it helps.

its a marketing term "v**ta ready" when in truth it will ship with dx10 and there are no cards out yet that support that

Last edited: Oct 31, 2006