1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Glitched, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Does any one know whats after XP?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

vista.

3. Glitched

Glitched Guest

vista? you know anymore about it?

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

Thx for the link!

6. eureka21

eureka21 Regular member

Vista is almost the same as Windows XP, what are the cool new features...hmm i wonder when it will come out?

7. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

origianlly it was scheduled to be released march of 2006. it was then pushed back until the "second half of 2006"... now microsoft execs are saying in the last quarter of 2006. a public beta release was also scheduled but it was cancelled and the beta was released to MSDN subscribers only... but of course there have been some leaks on the net.

8. daddy35

daddy35 Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

daddy35, read the forum rules above about posting as asking for keys can get you banned!!

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I heard that Vista is supposed to have a lot of crap installed along with it.. and that you are [bold] forced[/bold] to use Windows Media Player to play mp3s.. stuff like that.

-Mike.

ps. I know it's a bit off topic.. but what would happen to Apple if Microsoft deliberately blocked iTunes to be used on Windows Vista? Wow..

11. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

as far as i can tell thats not the case. build 5231 of beta 1 had the new windows media player 11 in it but it seems like its not forced to be the primary or only player. i doubt that microsoft would block iTunes or other software, especially after their recent monopoly troubles in korea.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  12. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

you can actually download longhorn/vista (same thing) beta versions of icons and such of the internet making your OS look like the new operating system but not functioning like it. It is pretty cool, with the new desktop logos and 3D atmossphere. instead of 2D this OS will be based on 3D. There will be two packaged versions sold seperatly. one will be 32 bit and the other 64.

13. orngcrsh

orngcrsh Regular member

@ halfhere
    do you know where to download them @?

(edit)also, anyone have an idea of what system requirements will be?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  14. cityoke2

cityoke2 Guest

you can find the requirments on the microsoft website i believe the link is listed above.

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

16. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Looks like I'll need to get a brand new graphics and a hell of a lot more RAM if I want to run it..

-Mike

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Mik3h
    its bad enough to spend 300 on a new vid card or minor updates but they want you tog et a new comp 0-o

18. jmc23200

jmc23200 Member

if vista forces you to use anything in the beta, its because it is a beta kinda like when it was called longhorn. You needed an internet connection to login to loghorn because it was a beta and any bugs or errors needed to be sent to microsoft. All in all, Vista doesnt look half bad, I just hope its not like XP with all the backdoors and security issues that they dont realize that are there

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

well XP forces you to have soem basic hardware and refuses to run some printers/scanners/hardware that work on 2K but not XP 0-o
    vista will be more of the same,of corse sicne thier not trying to amke it more software compatbile it might be more hardware friendly than XP was at frist dout it but wont know til they poop it out *L*