1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new xbox hard drives

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by smb2004, Dec 29, 2004.

1. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

You will need a program to format the drive before you can do anything to it. i would search some other forums for exactly what you need to do this. If the HDD is larger than 120 than you will need slayer's auto installer to make it so your xbox will read the extra room. That is as much as i know about the situation. Hope it helped. :)

2. nerd4saie

nerd4saie Member

Sorry to double post but, i also know that the drive has be able to be locked and unlocked. And although a computer and a xbox have the same type of hdd they are not formatted the same. Thanks again.

3. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

no u can simply use xbhdm to format and lock your new drive and if have your eeprom in the eeprom folder it will be able to automatically lock your drive to. you can also make and exact clone of your original drive by putting all the files from c e and f in the corresponding folders. also for more then 137gb just use evoxm8 bios they will allow you to have one giant f or everything up to 137gb f and the rest g.

4. drx

drx Member

PLEASE HELP!!!

I recently FRIED my xbox HDD...

I had softmodded it.

I have a spare 12gb maxtor HDD, but no backup of retail HDD.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

5. infil

infil Member

Hi umm i am getting that error Manufacturers ID 09 Device ID 00 Xbox How did you fix that error please you can email me at wfaizan@gmail.com or aim infiltrateut

6. dylnM

dylnM Member

i was wondering if you had a solution to your problem, because i'm currently experiencing the same problem, any info would be great.

7. williep90

williep90 Guest

could i upgrade the hard drive if i softmodded my xbox

8. williep90

williep90 Guest

and if i could is there a diagram for this please help i am a complete noob

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yes you could upgrade your HDD with a softmodded Xbox, I recommend you go to this site below, there's a bunch of tutorials on how to achieve it.

http://www.teammodders.com

10. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

all you need to do is use xbhdm. simply get your eeprom and put in in the folder eeprom.then put all your c and e drive files into the c and e folders, create the iso and burn it. then boot ure cd in a computer. hotswap your xbox hdd into the computer( unplug dvd rom drive while hdd is powered and plugged in then wen starts flashing red and green unplug ide cable and plug the ide from your computer into the hdd.) now go to option 1. rebuild the hdd and put all your files on. then reboot and if needed do the hotswap again. then go to option 3. this will then lock you hdd to your xbox. if all was done right u have a new xbox hdd.

11. williep90

williep90 Guest

thank u this really helps

12. killaj0e

killaj0e Member

Hey jjust wondering i was puttin new hardrive in the xbox i i dont have a dashboard to boot to just does the xbox picture and stays ther can i just put another drive there and it will be fixed plaease post on this question ok!!!!

13. cearel

cearel Guest

im getting a x3 ce modchip it is in the mail and i want to upgrade my hard drive from wht i have heard i can you any hard drive? do you guys think this will have what i need to formatt my hard drive?

14. fox64

fox64 Member

could someone please relink the sites to download those files!?
    As a common occurence with forums, sites tend to go bad.

15. cearel

cearel Guest

what sites are you talking about???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2006