1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new zune 120gb

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by horse7, May 12, 2009.

1. horse7

horse7 Member

just got a zune 120gb in from amazon in the usa.i had a 80 gb zune installed on my xp computer.i deleted my zune software,installed new zune software,and plugged in my new zune.the pc wont recognise the zune,and the only sign of life on the zune is a very hard to see charging icon,on its screen.can anyone suggest how to get it working?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I would try to use the restore feature in XP. I suspect deleting the existing software was a mistake. If you can restore your computer back to before you deleted the software you might get lucky.

3. horse7

horse7 Member

unfortunetly i had to send back to colorado (from dublin),as the screen would not even come on.i,ll have to wait till september ,when a friend will bring a replacement back from another friend in the southern states.the usa company,techforless,say they will check the replacement one before its sent to me.if the newest one doesnt work i may have to strip it down and rebuild it.fingers crossed it will all work out.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Actually, that is probably the best solution. By fall thing will be different. Sansa is beating up Apple real bad. Apple has had to drop prices dramitically to slow down Sansa. This means all the also rans are being crushed into paste. Expect a 50% price reduction or more from last fall.

The Sansa View as a vivid screen like the Zune but 30% smaller because it is a nano half the size of the Zune. However, they only make flash players. Do you really need 120 or would a cheap 32 do?