1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newb help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ranmaman, Feb 2, 2005.

1. ranmaman

ranmaman Member

this has proably been said about 100 time but i cant figure it out.

can't seem to get the comp and cube to connect to each other. (my keybored is screing up on me so if anything gets spelt wrong i'll try to fix it after)

the default settings don't seem to want to work so i've chnged them around and all i get is that the hunter address wasn't purchesed with the key and stuff.

ip: is supposed to be the gc ip so i have the 192.168.1.32

subnetmask: 255.255.255.0

then dns and gateway are suppsoed to be the comp ip i believe: 192.168.0.104

i've even tried shutting off the firewall

it either doesn't get the connection and disconnects or i get teh hunter licence wasn't pushed with my fake key and auth password or whatever cause you don't need the real ones.

i had this thing working a long time ago but my comps been formatted twice since then and i haven't been able to get it going since.

checked a couple sites but couldn't figure out why i can't get it to go - any help that someone may beable to give me would be great.

i don't have the viper thing or whatever - i just have the pso I and II and it's is not the plus edition either.

not sure if it matters or whatever - my comp doens't have a brand name but i got a new gigabyte 8x agp motherboard with a 2800 processor - possibly higher not sure

thanks for any help.

2. YM2151

YM2151 Member

Your PC IP is wrong. Mine is 192.168.1.100, and I believe that's the IP all StarCube loaders are meant to use.

3. ranmaman

ranmaman Member

well it's what my real comp ip is so either way it's not helping me with either setting

4. eivl

eivl Member

"then dns and gateway are suppsoed to be the comp ip i believe: 192.168.0.104 "

there is the error, you need to be on the same C net, use 192.168.1.100 as your comp ip.

5. ranmaman

ranmaman Member

well i just aobut got this thing to load but i can't use the default settings while going through my router so i have my gc ip: 192.168.0.32 and my dns/gatewat(comp ip): 192.168.0.104

everything starts to seem tow rk properly but as soon as it's to boot the game it switches over to a green screen rather then the loading screen.

any ideas on what this problme could be?