1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newb messed up bad?????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pron, Jun 22, 2004.

1. pron

pron Member

hey im new and i got an xecuter 2.3b lite and i soldered in as best i can as instructions i got and now my xbox wonbt even turn on..everything is dead...let me guess its f-ed up and my xbox is useless right? yay..tell me if i did something wrong thanks

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

The box won't turn on at all??? Not even on then off?

3. pron

pron Member

nope

4. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Check the PSU, make sure its plugged into the m/b. Sounds like you aren't getting any power.

5. pron

pron Member

whats a psu and m/b?????????

6. Omega45

Omega45 Member

PSU = Power Supply Unit

MB = Motherboard

It sounds like youve put it back together wrong. Usually when there is a bad install, or the xbox is ruined, the xbox will turn on and off like 3 times before shutting down. This usually indicates incorrect wiring, or a lifted trace (very annoying) or some sort of error. Since your xbox doesnt even turn on, we can basically rule this out until you get it to power up again. You need to open it back up and check the connector from the PSU to the motherboard. You also need to check the connector from the switch to the motherboard (its a yellow multy wire connector that plugs into a socket in the motherboard). If neither of those work, you may want to try another power cable (however unlikely this may seem, trying a friends power cable may save you a lot of time and money. Dont bother buying one to check though, cause this is very unlikely). Once you have tried all of the above, there are only 2 things that could be the problem.

1) You have killed the motherboard, in which case you will need to buy an new xbox.

2) You have blown your PSU (this happened to me). I dont know of a way for testing this without another PSU. You may be able to fix this if it is only a blown fuse. You can buy some parts from a store like radio shack and replace the fuse.

The Radio Shack part #'s are
    1) Ceramic Fuses: 270-1257
    2)Heavy Duty Inline Fuse Holder: 270-1217

Follow this tutorial for replaceing the fuse:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/replace-fuse.php

If your not up to replacing the fuse(for about $7 US), or that is not the problem, but the problem is with the power supply, you could just buy one off of ebay or something. They usually go for about $25 US.

If that doesnt work, then you have most likely destroyed your xbox beyond your ability to repair. There are people out there that will fix it for you, but I recommend just buying a new one. It wont cost you that much more than getting it repaired, and it will be much fewer hastles.

If u do get it repaired, or buy a new one, and need someone to install the chip for you, I would be willing to do it for a very reasonable price. If ur interested, contact me at Omega45889@hotmail.com cause I dont visit these boards that often.

Hope my info helps.

7. pron

pron Member

now thats info i can use thank you very much :)

8. Omega45

Omega45 Member

I spent a lot of time typing that out, so get back to me on how this turns out, ok?

9. pron

pron Member

i will indeed

10. jl_1978

jl_1978 Member

Hi,
    I haven't modded my xbox but just this past weekend, it wouldn't turn on at all either (no fan either). I took out the power supply and the fuse is ok. When plugged in, there is 3.3V going to the motherboard and a few others are around 0.2V. No power to the hard drive cable.
    Anyone have any idea what the problem is? When I press the power button, does that pull the 3.3V low to turn the supply on? Thanks.