1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NewB, Please help... I have searched, I am just stuck, please help...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by WA2FAST, Oct 8, 2003.

1. WA2FAST

WA2FAST Member

I know you guys have read and answered this same question a million times, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

I have a 1.0/1.1 Xbox with the Xecuter 2.2 Pro chip. I just finished installing the chip yesterday and it seems to work. I can turn the chip 'Off' and the box functions normally, if I turn it 'On', I get the Cromwell BIOS screen that simply asks for a BIOS CD.

I guess I was mistaken as to what this mod chip would do and/or what it had on it. I know it sounds stupid, but I thought it would boot and have basic functions, I had no idea it would immediately want a BIOS update. What now? I want to do the usual things that other people want, just have no clue what to do. I know that I am supposed to figure out where I can download some X2_4977 bin file, but I don't know where to get it for starters (no, couldn't find it on Kazaa), and what it's even going to do once I get it and flash the chip with it.

I am sorry for my ignorance, but after reading a million different posts and articles on this stuff, it's all so vague and I have successfully confused the hell out of myself. 2 days ago I was confident that I could figure it all out, and actually thought that I did... now I am so clueless.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please help me out at least a little bit. Thank you guys.

2. nickdv9

nickdv9 Member

chips arent sold with a bios on them for legal reasons so thats why it prompts you to load a bios on it. Once you load a new bios, it will then boot (if the chip is switched on) instead of the microsoft bios, which allows you to do all the stuff you got your chip for in the first place (ie playing backups, etc). Hope that helps.

3. WA2FAST

WA2FAST Member

I realize that now, just that I thought that the BIOS on the chip would at least boot, but after doing research, I realize that there is a lot more than the BIOS to get to any dashboard. I am just stuck, have no idea where to get any of these files, have no idea what to do next, and any info that I get or find on it is so hush-hush, that it just confuses me more. Can someone tell me something to get me rolling in the right direction here?

4. ELVER_GUN

ELVER_GUN Regular member

the better place to search is IRC
    you need the mirc program is free www.mirc.co.uk

go to efnet server room #xbins

they'll give you a command search
    or tell you what command to write in the room
    to get a username/password so you can download files from a hosted ftp

im in the same situation like you
    I have the evox bios and executer bios
    but now what? if you can help me
    i can help you ;) ;)