1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbe needs help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dyoung71, Apr 2, 2007.

1. dyoung71

dyoung71 Member

1st of all hello to all
    i am new to this and would like some help
    i am not sure if im aloud to post this but if im not aloud im sorry
    but i just wanted a detailed step by step on how to mod an original xbox the whole works if someone could help me that would be great and you will be rewarded

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

no the only problem with your post is that its easy to find out this question on this site...but in my opinion the tutorials can be confusing reading all the different ones thats why i made mine super detailed so even the dumbest person can do it...not saying your stupid just some people get lost easy.

here is a link to my soft mod :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/489542

no reward for anyone is needed since this site was made to help each other out and i am happy to help as much as i can...

3. dyoung71

dyoung71 Member

david_young2003 im me on yahoo i have a few ?

4. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

i dont have IM so give me an EMAIL address so i can send it dont post it so everyone can see click on edit my account and go to your message box and reply to the one i sent..

5. steimy

steimy Active member

2 ways to mod it really
    1. softmodding
    Pros- is a lower cost option, is free if you have the needed game and AR Max. Can pretty much do everything c chipped xbox can do

Cons- It is harder to swap out the hard drive for a larger one (which you will want to do first thing after modding it). Swapping a hard drive on a softmodded system will really throw your head for a loop. Also it is very had to recover from errors or accidently deleted files. I urge you to follow these steps.
    1. softmod xbox
    2. set up FTP between the PC and Xbox
    3. Make a full back up of your C: partition on the Xbox and save it on your PC (trust me, you will thank yourslf later for doing it)
    4. swap out the hard drive for something useful, like a 160GB or above.

2. Modchip
    Pros- does everything you want, very easy to recover from problems, very easy to swap out a hard drive.

Cons- cost more to get one installed then doing a softmod, but also well worth every penny extra.

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/
    just go there, look through the forums and tutorial section. There is more information there on both modchips and softmodiing then any person could ever need. And if you are in the USA they can also install a mod chip for you.