1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbe want to know whats the best solderless chip out now

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by JUVY, Feb 19, 2005.

1. JUVY

JUVY Member

hi i wanna know what the best solderless chip out now for the xbox.cuz i wanna burn them to the hard drive and what the best chip i should get?

2. halo478

halo478 Member

In my opinion, I think the Xenium Ice Chip is one of the best solderless chips you can get. It's Evox compatible, It comes preflashed, You also dont need to open the xbox to turn off the chip, you can turn it off and on in the menu and many more features. It is also easy to install.
    The price of the chip with the solderless adapter is around $60. I bought mine at modchipstore.com

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

I would have to agree with halo there because it has a 1mb bios flash (or 4x256mb or 4 different bios), can be turned on and off with the eject button, bright led (with second led string) to insure you know it's on, safe mod to allow update incase something goes wrong, easy to use almost complete noob proof (not saying anything because I was there once and this is a great modchip for anyone).

I would also go with the Xenium ice I bought mine off of someone but bmmods.com doesn't seem to bad.

Degalle

4. JUVY

JUVY Member

thank u for the infor and does that chip work for every version of xbox and can i use the hard drive that in the xbox to store games or do i need to buy a bigger 1 how big is the hd that comes in the xbox when u buy it..?