1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbee needs help on downloaded mpegs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by kimx, Aug 20, 2002.

1. kimx

kimx Member

Hello group,
    This might sound silly, but half of the mpegs I've downloaded... I don't see a thing. I only hear sound. I've been reading many of previous threads, trying to find an answer, but I'm a *real* newbee, so most of the time, I just don't even understand the answers... :-( Can someboy help?
    Thanks so much,
    Kim

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

MPEG is kinda general term. MPEG-1, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4? They are totally different things -- I recommend you check out some info from here: http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/

...MPEG-1s play in basic Windoze without any installations, as Win comes shipped with MPEG-1 codec. But MPEG-2 requires DVD player, like WinDVD in order to work and MPEG-4 requires MPEG-4 codec, like DivX5 to play.

3. Sazaziel

Sazaziel Member

Here's a simple solution to solve all of your MPEG viewing problems. Go to Kazaa p2p network. Download ACEMCP. Install it and you should be able to view your MPEG files. If you are going to burn MPEG files into VCD I suggest that you uninstall this program before you do. The Divx G400 codec tends to get in the way, but this prgram can always be reinstalled from the start menu, program files, ace mega codecs pack, and then choose reinstall ace mega codecs pack. I assure you that this will work for you.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

4. prazor

prazor Guest

I also really reccomend the elecard mpeg2 decoder for wmp. www.elecard.com