1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbi Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BFD1980, Jan 2, 2005.

1. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Hi all i just bought a new DVD burner and i am rather new to the whole dvd burning gig so these probs are probably easy ones to fix. Here we go everytime i burn a dvd it seems to work great but then about every 10 secs it either skips or freezes up. I just burned Anchorman and that was the prob i had with that. I am burning on fuji's 8x dvd-r maybe the speed at which i am burning?? Or i am just retarded and have crap media? Also i am using dvd shrink to do the burning, i have a read alot of these posts and it seems peepz are using shrink but then using and alt program like nero to finsh burning? Any suggestions for this Newbie would be greatly apprecaited.. Thx

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

You may want to try burning at 4X instead of 8X (if that's how fast you are burning). I've seen many say to stay at 4X even if your media will burn at higher speeds. At least try that until you can get a good copy. Next thing to do is let us know who the actual manufactuer of the disc is. You can download dvdidentifier here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

I've heard some problems have occured lately with Fuji 8X media. DVD Identifier will at least let us know who is making it.

Also, you didn't say what type of burner you were using? Have you updated to the latest firmware?

Oh, and I don't believe Shrink burns? If you're just using Shrink then it's probably using Nero or DVD Decrytor to burn on the fly. Try not doing this until you at least get a good copy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  3. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

Its a memorex 8x4x dual format..and as for the firmware DoH!! i knew i had for got to check on something..Since i feel like im constantly at work im going to have to wait till i get home to do all this thanks for the suggestion i'll let ya know how it works..

4. BFD1980

BFD1980 Member

You were right about the shrink deal it had nero set up o burn also figured out i just had to burn at a slower speed to get it to work right thanks for the help