1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie... Adding music on Panasonic DMRE95

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by blobble, Dec 16, 2010.

1. blobble

blobble Member

Hi,

I am trying to help an old friend who is trying to add a music track to the video clips he has made on his Panasonic DMRE95. ('Dubbing??')

Surprisingly, this is the first time he's tried after many years of having the unit.

I would like to help, and I am familiar with basic Video editing on a PC, but not with the Panasonic DMRE95, and the problem is compounded by the fact I have to talk over the phone. I have just downloaded the manual, and I don't want to lose sight of the wood for the trees.

I am assuming he is still better to do this on his Panasonic DMRE95 rather than try to edit on a PC using more software.

The end result he wants is to be able to make 20 copies for his friends for Christmas. I assume he will use DVD +R but I would like to take your advice about whats best to use as an output format for the Panasonic.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know anything about this recorder, but I would be surprised if you can edit or replace the audio on recorded video in situ.

I would think that you would have to save recordings to disk (finalize if required) and do the editing on the PC.

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder (no HDD) and should note that it can save multiple recordings to DVD-RAM disks as one single VRO file - which is tricky to extract on a PC, else it saves multiple recordings as multiple titles to DVD-R disks (each recording has it's own IFO/VOB files).

3. blobble

blobble Member

Thanks Attar,

Appreciated