1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie at burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by billie77, Apr 6, 2005.

1. billie77

billie77 Member

Ok I am just learning and I apoligise if this has been repeated here.

I just got a new dvd burner a LG one, and it comes with its programs anyway we also use our slim ps2 as our dvd player..I did a bit of research on dvd types for ps2 found they like mpeg2 files and got a converter for that (as my movie are downloads) and I use the PowerProducer 2 gold that came with dvd burner and I burnt my first movie..work fine pop it in the ps2 no prob until 1/2 thru the movie it starts to jump kind off, like stopping then starting, then it gets worst enough when it stops and comes up "disc unable to read" I am using dvd+R as that came free with the burner I have to get to the shops to get others.

Could this be the reason why it stuff up, or any other factors why the movie was fine until the middle and yes I check the movie on the pc and it was fine no problems.

I just want to know could it be the DVD+R? all the info I read they said the new ps2 can read both types, or could it be the way I burnt the movie that I need to change.

Any info would be great

Cheers :D

2. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

I've heard that dvd+r isn't that good, that dvd-r is most commonly used.

3. billie77

billie77 Member

seems so what I have read too, that dvd-r is a better choice proberly why they have the dvd+r for free as they are crap.

I also read (I think this is right) that you can get better quality and put more on a dvd-r then a dvd+r. I have dual layer dvd burner all this new stuff to learn.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

5. billie77

billie77 Member

thanks venomX05 you just confused me 20 time more then what I was..lol and bad enough cause I am blonde :)

I just like to know what best to use for download movies on the ps2 and if i have to change speeds for burning cause of the freezing/unable to read issue in the middle of the movie. Maybe I shoud just try dvd-r and see how I go, I might not have an issue with it at all.

I go to the shops tomorrow and pick up some dvd-r and see how I go...things are never easy with computers hay.

6. billie77

billie77 Member

I tried the movie on my dvd player on the computer and the thing played like a dream so must be the ps2 hate the dvd+r maybe? I get a dvd-r and see what happens but we going to buy a proper dvd player anyway and then it should work anyway.

Also what does dual layer mean? does it mean you can put more info on to the dvd or not its all new to me.

7. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

8. billie77

billie77 Member

that confused me even more, but thanks anway.

9. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

I use DVD+R and DVD+RW exclusively. I never have problems with it. I think you'll find that which ever one works with the setup you have is the one you'll prefer. +/-....that's just corporations doing there best to confuse you into thinking one or the other is better/worse than there's. Truth is that there's no real proof either way on either of them. Just a whole lot of blah,blah,blah, and opinions. You're the consumer, yours is the only opinion that matters!

Oh yeah! Dual layer in a nut shell is just 2-4.7GB DVDs in one! You must have a Dual Layer burner if you want to use that kind of blank disc.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005