1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie at dvdfab platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by granny58, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Aceice

Aceice Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  2. granny58

granny58 Member

i have a hp media center pc/pavilion a125on, i use windows. i checked with scan disk, device manager. did update my driver: with hp driver updates. but its still not working. seems i am always having to reinstall my driver. i am trying the dvdnextcopy for 3 days, and seems to work, but when it burns it only takes like one minute, and it tells me burn was success, but disc is still empty.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Ok lets test your burner can you burn say like pictures or music to a dvd disc ?

4. Aceice

Aceice Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  5. club42

club42 Regular member

Make sure your drive is set to DMA mode.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  6. granny58

granny58 Member

i am going to try to burn pictures or music, i did talk to a tech with hp yesterday and he told me it was my hardware and i needed new dvd rw . also, how do i set to dma?

7. granny58

granny58 Member

did the picture burning thing, said it burned successfully,,,but alas there wasn't anything on disc. please let me know how to check that it is set on dma.

8. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

First you must burn something ! When its done you must be able open it and play it or look at it.

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@granny58, I have read this complete thread, I bet you are now TOTALLY confused because I AM...Fasfranks and 300bowler's posts are the only sensible ones I can see....there are TOO MANY members offering different solutions in my opinion....good luck.

As your particular question related to dvdfab platinum, may I suggest

You ignore ALL posts except that covered by Fasfrank...the only one dealing with your actual queerie.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Thanks gwendolin your such a nice guy I take that as a shot to me Why don.t you help insteed of putting someone's help down ! And stop playing God of After Dawn

12. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

At this point Cindy, I think you should replace your burner... if the discs are blank.
    Make sure that nothing is being written on them.
    Look at the recording surface and look for a burned area. Also, try and read them with something besides your burner.
    I'd hate to think that all along something has been burned and this is just an inability of your drive to read burned DVDs. 99% of the time if a burn does not work correctly you will get an error message of some sort. No error messages could mean that you are burning.

Rbrock correctly had you test by trying to burn some pictures and it seemed to work with no error messages. Yet nothing written on the DVD.
    Replacement burners are inexpensive... so think about a new one.

DMA...
    An IDE channel that is set to something besides DMA can and will still work. It might be a problem if you were trying to use a 16X burn speed. If there were a data transfer failure, you would get a ton of errors.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  13. granny58

granny58 Member

i went to the thread about dma and ide. i tried doing what it said and noticed that i didn't have an ide in my device manager. i did however have an unknown, and i clicked on it. my primary and secondary ide and one other are in the unknown and double of each. i went to chat with a tech and after hours of trying to fix this (he said this is the reason my players stopped working) i am still downloading to fix this. seems like there could be a better way. this file, (sp26605.exe) is taking like 8 hrs to download. it is a chipset driver.

14. granny58

granny58 Member

i did check my disc on my daughters computer, and on my own, plus on my dvd player. nothing was on it, and it said burn was successful. i really was going to get a new burner, but if my computer has some issues i want to try that first, would hate to buy a new one if i didn't have to. i know i will crack this problem, sooner or later...hopefully sooner, and then i will be happy and dance around the kitchen in grandpa's boxers!!! lol,,,,,,,

15. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

the programs that we ask you download are good up to date programs they will work if you PC is in good working order if your PC is showing the error in device manger then you should clear that up first before burning movies

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member