1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Divx to DVD question?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Moviefann, May 10, 2004.

1. Moviefann

Moviefann Member

Hi,

I would like to convert a Divx movie file to DVD using "Super DVD Creator" but first off all i would like to know how long it would take.

The movie is approx 90 minutes long and my PC spec is-

Celeron 2.4,
    256mb 266 mhz ram.

Ive already converted the file to SVCD but that took over 5 hours so i wouls like to know if it's quicker/slower when converting to DVD ?

Cheers. ;-)

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

It's going to take longer because of the larger resolution.

3. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

By default most DVD packages burn on HQ only, meaning you'll get 1 hour out of the entire DVD-R. It's necessary to reduce/compress the audio/video bit rate so that you can fit more (your entire 90 minutes) on the disc. I suggest you use combination VirtualDub and TMPGEnc using the guide here: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm

Good luck!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Actually teegee420 sometimes conversion to DVD takes less time than to SVCD and here is why.

If you are using DVD2SVCD and CCE SP for the encoding to DVD (which is still by far the best quality solution) then you might want to use 4 pass encoding for SVCD wheras you would need just 2 pass for DVD. So quite often it can take less time. AVI at about 90 minutes to me to DVD takes about 4-5 hours using CCE SP with the best quality I could possibly get from it.

Also a guide for DivX to SVCD/DVD with DVD2SVCD and CCE SP, will be here soon when i finish it.

5. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Not everyone has access to the $2000 CCE SP, mate.

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: May 20, 2004