1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie DS Lite Owner

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shaider, Feb 12, 2008.

1. shaider

shaider Member

Hey guys,
    I just purchased my DS Lite and have been looking at the afterdawn forums to find the right method to run homebrew etc. There seem to be several options and I am not sure which one would work best. Also, on the retailer site there are several options like M3 Real, M3 Lite. I am not familiar with the difference. I was just wondering if anybody would be kind enough to tell me exactly which one would work best and where to purchase it from. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

For simplicity and price go with the M3 DS Simply or R4. Which ever you are able to find cheaper. These flash carts are very easy to use and do not require anything else except a micro sd card.

I can recommend mod-chip.com and dealextreme.com as I have ordered from both in the past. Mod-chip.com has higher prices (about $50) but you will the product in like 5 days max (with express). Dealextreme has a lower price (around $35) but it takes really long for the product to arrive (it took mine 2 weeks).

3. TrypWyr

TrypWyr Guest

Dealextreme.com surpassed my expectations on my last purchase, a GBA expansion pack for the M3 Real (idiot me, didn't think I needed it when I ordered my Real). Shipping only took about 4 days.

Surprising tho, I haven't seen anyone mention nxpgame.com. My friend and I both ordered our Simply's through them and I just ordered my Real from them as well. Good prices and excellent shipping in the US, received all orders in about 2-3 days (I'm in Idaho). Any time I've needed a question answered, Kevin has emailed me back within an hour.

Just wanted to throw out another option...

TrypWyr