1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie- DVDX Copy Platinum- Burner Compatibility?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Florida, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Florida

Florida Guest

I want to get a DVD burner that will work with DVDXCopy Platinum. Can anyone here comment on their success with specific burners?

Also is Sony coming out with 8X drives anytime soon?

Thank you.

2. jimbo313

jimbo313 Member

I have the Verbatim DVD+ Producer running Nero software. it works great. try and stay away from anything Rixio software. in fact DVD X Copy has Roxio on it's Black List because of some of Roxio's applications need to be removed for everything to run smooth.

I have the first DVD X Copy and just got the DVD X Copy Platinum edition. The Platinum edition will not copy music videos that are on DVD. For some reason, tech support and I have been working on this for a few days now, since most music DVD's don't have a main menu the Platinum program does not recognize the DVD. To copy these I had to reinstall my original DVD X Copy. Most music DVD's are less than an hour long thus they will fit on one DVD. good luck, jimbo131

3. tommyyo

tommyyo Guest

I have recently purchased a I/O MAGIC DVD burner. Ihave had quite a bit of trouble using dvd x copy platnium.The only way it will work and copy a movie is to use the simple version same as dvd x copy express,and then I can only use TDK AND LIQUIDVIDEO MEDIA. mY OLD PIONEER DVR-A104 WRITER WROTE TO EVERTHING I TRIED.DO WE HAVE TO FIND WHAT TYPES OF MEDIA THAT DVD PLATNIUM WILL WRITES TO OR DOE'S SOMEONE HAVE A CHART? IT GET'S COSTLY TO TRY ALL THE DIFFERENT MEDIA BRANDS OUT THERE.MEMOREX WILL START TO BURN AND AFTER A FEW BARS IT KICKS OUT SAYING WRITE ERROR, OR BURN ERROR.IS THIS THE BURNER OR DVD X COPY PLATNIUM?

4. jimbo313

jimbo313 Member

what type of software is your burner using? if it is Roxio, you will probably continue to have problems. you can contack 321 Studios for a upgrade fix. remember, when you download an upgrade save it to "desktop" then when download is finished click on the icon and it should install itself.DVD burners are getting cheeper and chepper. you might want to look into a new burner running Nero softward that burns to DVD+ and DVD- that way you'll have more of a choice of blank DVD's. + seems to work better that -. don't know why. as for medium, i too have burned through a bunch of Memorex DVD's trying to get them to work. since i got help from tech support, 321 studio, they have been working fine. i am now using imation, they work fine too. call 321 tech support at 636 720 3703. it costs long distance charges, but they know there stuff and get things fixed as fast a possable. before you call, make a list of your questions. good luck, Jimbo313