1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie here. Needs help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blade1l, Dec 31, 2004.

1. blade1l

blade1l Member

I have the Wolf's Rain Vol.3 dvd and when ever i try to copy it in shrink it gives me the CRC error, and in Decrypter it says

I/0 Error!
    Device:[1:0:0]Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616T F310 (D:)(ATA)
    ScsiStatus:0x2
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 28 00 0021 9A E9 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read(10)- Sector 2202345
    Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No Seek Complete

Do you know what the problem is and how can i fix it?
    Appreciate a response.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

crc usually means a dirty or scratched disc. Try cleaning it. And, is it the original.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Flip is right, that is exactly what it usually means. However...

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors.

There are however ways to circumvent this method.

One is to use a slower read, even at 1x, if your DVD-ROM drive won't do it, try using your burner to read it.

Another way is there are settings in decrypter to make your rip more aggressive. here are a few:

In Decrypter try the following little "adjustments" -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", and then whatever you're using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and "tick" "Remove PUO's" - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO's OR the VOB PUO's

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", General tab, on the bottom left it will say "Removal Method" choose "Aggressive".

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says "Brute Force".

Step 4. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the I/O tab, check "ignore read errors".

Step 5. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the "Device tab" and set read speed at 1x, and set your retries at a high number like 50.(I once got one to finally copy by pure persistence, 320 tries!)

Finally AnyDvd has a new setting called "copy protection based on unreadable sectors", check this box when encountering such errors. AnyDvd has a free 21 day trial, then it costs 39.00/. It is well worth the price as it runs in the background completely on automatic with nothing to operate. It also works for burning on the fly without writing to the HD 1st..

Use any or all or a combination of these means will usually get around the problem, good luck.....:>). Happy