1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie, I need knowledge about everything

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by eiamhere, Jul 10, 2005.

1. eiamhere

eiamhere Member

I've just bought a PDA, nothing special just a Ipaq h1940. I like messing around with things (not that I'm any good at it). I installed a hard drive in my PS2, very, very basic I know , but I'd like to learn to take it further.

Could someone please points me in the right direction. I am aware that Pocket pc's can't do any where near as much as a desktop, but There must be some decent software somewhere.

Is there any drivers out there for a pocket pc, to enable USB support for devices? ie. WiFi adaptor, External hard drive - I really doubt this but Any help is much appreciated.

Ed

2. steve7059

steve7059 Member

Device drivers are generally published by the manufacturer of the device. For instance, the drivers for a Kingston USB drive are written by Kingston. Unless the device has been specifically made for the Pocket PC, there will almost never be a driver made for it. For the most part, PC peripherals are not able to be used with Pocket PCs. You will need to buy peripherals created specifically for use with PDAs.