1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie in need of some help with software and media.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rluk23, Aug 20, 2004.

1. rluk23

rluk23 Guest

I am an extremem beginner at making dvd copies and currently have dvd shrink and burnatonce, and I cant get it to work so gave up for awhile. I am extremely happy I found this sight. I have a couple of questions. Is burnatonce a good program to transfer dvds to dvdr's? I have read that most people think Nero is the best. And if I decide to get Nero do I have to uninstall burnatonce along with the DVD Copying CD software that came with my HP? And what is the difference between iso and video_ts? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in adavance. Hopefully I will become more of an expert in this subject in a couple of weeks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

My experience with it is very limited but it seems to be decent enough.

You don't have to uninstall BAO but it'll be redundant if you get Nero and the same goes for your other burning software. If you have any form of Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator on your system you'll definitely want to remove it before installing Nero since Roxio can conflict horribly with it.

An ISO is one big fat image of the entire disc whereas a VIDEO_TS folder is the film put into several smaller files. Same results, just different ways of getting there.

Nothing wrong with setting your sights high :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2004