1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie: Mod-chip vs. exploit

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jtrage, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jtrage

jtrage Member

I am new at this, just trying to get the basics. What are the main differences between the two. I have found a pre-modded xbox for $350. This is the link http://www.ioffer.com/i/Modded-Xbox-160-GIG-HD-50-games-5000-classics-3265651 (I hope posting the link is ok, if not I will re-phrase my ?) Is this a good deal? It is not a mod-chip, what are the advantages and/or disadvantages? What I am interested in is xbox live, using the system as a media player for mp3's through my reciever, games and a dvd player.

I know I am asking for a lot of input, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    jtrage

2. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

this is only "MY" opinion but i feel that the path of softmod is own littered with pitfalls to the noob. and in my opinion you would be better to either get a premodded xbox or buy a mochip AFTER READING ALL tuts you can.
    With a sdoftmod if the tsop has been flashed you might not be able to go live.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2004
  3. jtrage

jtrage Member

Thanks for your reply. After more research I came to the same conclusion. I have read through most tuts and I do not feel comfortable modding on my own, at least for my first modded xbox. I have found another site that offers a premodded brand new system with a 250gb HD, 3 emus, and a xecuter lite for $450 or a xenium ice for $15 more. They also preload severol apps such as evox dashboard and the media player. http://www.ioffer.com/i/Ultimate-Xbox-System-250gig-HD-Xecuter-Lite-2.3b-3237486

I have contacted them with questions and they seem to have good support. i am still leary about dropping $500 to someone I don't know. I am still researching and I would appreciate any input.

thanks, jtrage

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Pm me and i will get you a better deal on the same xbox that you have looked at.

5. mmalaney

mmalaney Guest

I am looking to sell mine that was modded by a pro about 2 weeks ago. It has all the apps and even some games on it if you want them. It is modded with a Aladdin Advanced mod chip, It has a 120GB Hard drive and emulators. I would sell it to you if you want. Send me an email at mmalaney@uwm.edu if you want to talk about it. Nothing is wrong with it I am just wanting to buy a laptop.

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

No adverting things you want to sell. I would also remove your email.

7. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

sorry double post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004
  8. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi

mmalaney Please edit your post no advertising please and remove your email adress, your post might get you into trouble with moderators.

regards