1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie need help

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by zohal, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zohal

zohal Member

Hey guys I really need help
    So my problem is that I have Blank Sony CD-R and I want to copy audio songs to this blank CD-R all songs are in my computer but I dont know how to do it becasue when i insert the cd to my computer it does not do anything and someone told to burn the cd by using nero-burning rom i did that too but it didnt work i have nero 7 and nero 8 micro what shoul I do now????????? plaes guys help me I will appreciate that please please please please

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Is the CD drive operational? Can you play other cd's? Can you burn other things? Does the busy light come on after putting in the blank disc?

What format is the music on your computer in?

3. zohal

zohal Member

yes my CD is operational i can play other audio CDs not blank CDs and busy light comes on when I put the CD in but I do not know how should I burn I have not burn anything before

4. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

What I want you to do is put the blank cd in the drive. Start Nero StartSmart. Open Nero Express. On the left hand side there is and arrow button ( this symbol(but solid black and filled < with a rectangle around it). From there I want you to click on Disc Info

Tell me what it says

You can also do a drive test with the Nero software.

5. zohal

zohal Member

it says "please select a recorder or CD/DVD drive and when I select this "E:HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B" it says that no disk inserted or drive not ready try again. I select this becasue there is only this E:HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B

6. consul

consul Regular member

I hope I'm not missing somthing here but I take it that you have got a burner and not just a CD/DVD rom drive

7. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

ROM is definitely something you don't want to see there. (Read Only Memory)

This either indicates that you need to install a driver or your drive is just a ROM and you need to buy a drive with writing capabilities.

I had this happen once before with an earlier version of Nero. If I remember correctly I got a newer version of Nero and reinstalled the driver. Since you have the most recent I would assume that you need to update your driver.

If the drive came installed in your computer you should be able to go to their website and get the drivers.

8. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

From the quick search about the drive from the information you provided, to me it looks like it is read only. I think you need to buy a drive with writing capabilities.

9. zohal

zohal Member

okey thank you

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.