1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie needing advice

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lowrunner, Mar 26, 2003.

1. lowrunner

lowrunner Member

hi guys and/or gals i just registerd today! im very new to this so please bare with me. im wanting to start downloading some movies and getting them on a cd,i have a friend who was getting them for me,but next week i get my cable in.YEA! could someone tell me what programs i should have that would help me in getting started,so i can search for them and have them ready on my system (o.s.= xp pro) i would apreciate your input very much. thank you. hope this is the right place for this question.if not please delete and im sorry!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Well, before you get started downloading movies. Consider this: Does my home dvd player support SVCD format? If not, maybe consider a home dvd player that supports SVCD, DVD-R, DVD-RW. This way if you don't have a dvd burner(but considering a purchase in the near future), you can download excellent MPEG2 files on p2p file sharing clients. Try such programs as eMule, Direct Connect for starters. If that don't interest you and you just wan't to play the movies on your pc, then download DivX movies.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2003
  3. lowrunner

lowrunner Member

yes my dvd player supports svcd,Thank you for the reply! if theres any other program i should have that would be useful or a must please let me know
    thanks again- much appreciated

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

The most recommended program to burn dvd2svcd is DVD2SVCD using CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder).
    Follow this guide carefully and encode your first dvd movie to svcd and enjoy!

DVD2SVCD guide:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=80ece1697d05f436704bb25812e54b53&threadid=59484

Shoey

5. lowrunner

lowrunner Member

thanks shoey! thats what i needed.I'm acctually going to be working more with downloaded movies and puting them on SVCD's,but i needed thease easy to follow steps also
    THANK YOU !