1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs help on 1clickDVD & AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DN1ccbear, Mar 8, 2005.

1. DN1ccbear

DN1ccbear Member

Hello to all the seasoned and guru users of 1ClickDVD software. I am a newbie to copying DVD.
    After reading some useful comments from the forum,
    I decided to download a free trial version of
    1clickDVD and AnyDVD software.

I followed the on-screen instructions to copy a movie for my niece(Barbie - Pricess Pauper),
    not sure what I did wrong, but it took about 40 minutes for it to complete. I didn't copy it to the hard drive. I specified the source and destination DVD drive. I saw the speed the DVD was writing at about 3X something, not even 4X. The DVD+-RW drive
    I bought claim to write at 16X for DVD +R or -R.

My current system includes:

Compaq Presario
    2.7 GHz
    512 MB
    120 GB (90 GB unused)
    DVD-ROM drive 16x

Pacific digital External Drive
    16X Double Layer DVD+-R/+-RW

Software loaded:
    Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD Edition
    InterVideo WinDVD4

1ClickDVD 4.1
    CopytoDVD SE
    AnyDVD 4.5.8.1

Medium: TDK DVD+R

Please help answering or explaining the following issues that I have:

1) What is the correct ways to use AnyDVD and 1ClickDVD? What does it mean to have AnyDVD active? How do I know if the movie is CSS protected?
    and how do I know if AnyDVD is working correctly to remove it? (any message or pop-ups that let user knows)

2) Why is my DVD drive is not writting at full speed 16X?

3) I loaded Roxio and Intervideo from the disc that came w/the External drive.
    Is it ok to keep Roxio along with 1ClickDVD and AnyDVD, does it cause any conflict or slowdown?

I also have Norton Internet Security running on my desktop.

4) What does CopytoDVD do and when do I use it if 1ClickDVD is used to copy movie?

5) When copying movie or DVD-video to a blank disc, is it possible to specify which mode the disc will be copied (HQ/SP/LP/XP)???

Thank you in advance for all your expert advices.
    I really appreciate you all for taking the time to help me out.

DVDbear:)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok let me take these one at a time..

You will know if AnyDVD is running by looking in your system tray. You shoud see a litle red fox down by your clock. 1clickDVD is pretty straight foward and easy to use. Self explainitory.

Well depends what is the speed of the media you are righting to? Could be in PIO mode instead of DMA? Could need firmware update? Could be alot of things need a little more info for this one..

Roxio has been knowin to conflict with more proggys than most.

May be a good idea to shut this down before starting any DVD back up's.

Virtually the same as 1clickCopy so there is no need for both, but CopyToDVD is probably better than 1click for quality. You may want to give CloneDVD2 a try along with AnyDVD they work very good together and you can get them both at the same website :)

That function can actually be done in NeroVisionExpress, but any of those proggys do virtually the same thing. It is basically compressing the video. So you can compress untill your hearts content, but be warned the quality will be greatly effected the more you compress and may not even play.

Sounds like your new to this so may i suggest you check out my website (link in my signature) It has step by step guides on creating DVD backups.. :)

3. ak101

ak101 Member

i'm no expert by any means.....but you can't write at 16x on every kind of disc, like if you only have 4x media.

experts, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong....i'm trying to learn too.

thanks

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That would be correct, but some DVD writers will write faster to some media, but I wouldnt recommend it as the media was only designed to go the rated speed and burning faster could actually ruin the dye on the disk.

5. ak101

ak101 Member

cool...didn't know that (about ruining the dye). i did notice that sometimes my burner says it's burning faster then the disc is rated. i just thought, "wow, lucky me."....but maybe not....

6. DN1ccbear

DN1ccbear Member

Thank you Senior Member BBmayo for your expertise in this matter.
    I also checked out your website and I think it's coolllll:) to have intructions with screen shots and text to explain step by step how to do it. It's great!!!!
    Your instructions in "Baking up movie w/AnyDVD & CloneDVD2" were excellent. I was hoping you have step by step instructions for AnyDVD & 1ClickCopy.
    It would be great if you could post one out there for all the newbie like me to reference and use it, since 1ClickDVD is reviewed to be the #1 dvdcopy software.

It looks like in CloneDVD2, it allows you to select the Preferred Speed but not in 1ClickDVD. I am just curious how do you know what speed to select for optimum performance and quality (4X, 6X, or 8X...)

I just have to more questions:

1) What is DVDShrink, DVD Decrypter, CloneDVD2, and Nero? Are they the equivalent of 1ClickDVD??

2) If I change IDE to DMA, what is DMA?? does it effect anything when I am viewing movie or DVD-video on my computer??

Thanks againnnnnnn senior member BBmayo

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@DN1ccbear,
    Ok lets see
    DVD Shrink & Decrypter are the most widley used programs for backin up DVD's mainly because they are free. So it is easy to get advice on those two from here on AD. Nero is a all in one burning suite. CloneDVD2 is more like 1click.. Which by the way dont belive everything you read on the websites about 1click beingn number 1 as these are all fueled by advertisment. In short 1click is junk!! If you want more in depth functions of each proggy simply go to the AD software page they are all there :)

DMA effects how you IDE drives operate DMA is much much faster than PIO (old) mode all your drives would benifit greatly by being in DMA mode.

PS I have tested 1clckcopy several times and you wont be seeing a guide on my site for that proggy until it works good. I don't work for any of these software company's or anything, but I will only put proven methods by me on my site. I am adding some other ways soon.. Like DVDCopy3 ect..

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  8. JCoppage

JCoppage Member

I'm about to scream. I can't get 1Click to work. The trial worked great but when I purchased it, I'm having so many problems. I downloaded AnyDVD.

My question is, how do I select the right source and destination drives? My source went away when I downloaded DVD43Free and everything crashed after that. So I removed it and installed AnyDVD. Now nothing works right. What am I doing wrong? Wny did the free trial work GREAT and the purchased one suck!!!!!

H E L P M E P L E A S E

9. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

If you are using xp you have to do a clean uninstall, on both user sides. Then reinstall 1 click and you will see your devices. Select your reader as the Source and the your writer as your Destination. If you are downloading to your hard drive use your D drive and make a working folder. Hope this helps you

10. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i also tried 1click a while back and when the software actually worked correctly it produced the poorest quality backups i've ever burned . i have since moved on to clonedvd2 with anydvd with good results . i also use intervideo dvdcopy3 that seems to produce even better quality backups than clonedvd2 . i would have to agree with bbmayo that 1click is junk . the reviews for 1click are highly biased as alot of software was not included in the reviews . some of that software that was not included in the reviews are much better than 1click will ever be , dvdshink , dvdcopy3 , nero recode etc .

11. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

I didn't have any problems with 1click, it installed ok and the back ups that I have made with it are of good quality. That said I still like Shrink and anydvd better.

12. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Did you use Any DVD or DVD43 with One click