1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Needs Help with Xbox Modchip +Harddrive Adive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Amanda916, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Amanda916

Amanda916 Member

I just got an Xbox console and planning to install (by someone)a modchip. I have two questions:

1) What is the best chip available, its cost, and where is the reputable place I can buy it from? I have been reading the forum here and saw positive posts on Xecutor 3, Xenium, Matrix, and the softmod method, but still don't know which is the best one.

2) What kind (sata/IDE?) and what size of should I get. I see that people here have anywhere from 60G to 500G. I have an internal Seagate Barracuda with 160G IDE, would that be enough or should I get something like 250G-500G?

Thanks ahead for your suggestions!

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I have an Xecuter 3 CE (solderless), and it works great! It is probably one of the best Xbox chips around! It is a little pricy, and I would recommend you buy it at Divineo.

As for the HDD, I think 160GB would be fine! You don't need SATA, just get IDE! I have a 200GB HDD in my system, and it has been doing great!!!

3. Amanda916

Amanda916 Member

Thanks for your response, Dav!

I found a local modder. He recommended the DouX2 if I don't plan to do anything much besides gaming. Chip + installation is about $60-70. He said a lot but I don't really understand much of what he said as I am not familiar with Xbox and modding. Would you mind telling the advantages/disadvantages of this DouX2 and Executer chip? It's ok too if you just point me to a thread so I can read more about them. Again, thanks!!!

4. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member