1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie needs some advice on software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Yamaha-98, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Yamaha-98

Yamaha-98 Member

I am new to DVD copying and would appreciate some advice. I am going to buy a Lite-on LDW-811S burner but i dont know which ripping software to get as there are so many out there.I have looked at DVDX copy platinum and it seems to get good reviews.I want to back up movies, does DVDX copy defeat the copy protection or do i need additional software? I use clone cd when copying cds and noticed they do a clone dvd, is that any good? As you can see i am very new to this so any help is most welcome.

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

HI yamaha-98, I would start with downloading DVDshrink ver. 3.14.(FREE). It decrypts and will compress if needed to your HD(Rips). You will need a burning program like Nero to burn the ripped files back to the blank media. Nero Version 5.5 or 6. DVD X copy software is ok but the money would be better spent on Clonedvd and Anydvd which work together at about $40. each. Clone does the ripping, compressing,and burning while Anydvd does the decrypting. Read and print out the guides for these to get started. Always use a better quality blank media. Cheaper -poor quality media will only cause you probelms. Have fun.
    Jerry

3. askyew

askyew Regular member

I agree with jerry DVD Shrink is the best for the money(free). Also, if you ever run into a movie that shrink wont rip you can use DVD Decryptor(also free) then shrink to get it on one DVD. Nero is an excellent burning program as well, I still havent made a coaster with these 3 programs and TDK DVD+R media. Good luck to ya

4. Yamaha-98

Yamaha-98 Member

Thanks guys for all the advice its much appreciated.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yamha98,

Almost all of us have spent our money on DVD XCopy and later regreted it. I think if you listen to the great advice these guys have given you, you'll be able to do something I haven't been able to do, Keep your money in your pocket instead of giving it to 321 Studios :-(

Ooohh, Yea, Welcome to the Club :)

"P"

6. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I agree, I bought DVD XCOPY PLATINUM and I feel that I was burned on it. It works about two out of three times. Imagine paying all that money and have it not work 100% of the time. My advice is use DVDSHRINK which is free and buy NERO 6 for less then half the price of DVD X COPY PLATINUM. If you do buy DVD X COPY which I advise against buy it from 321studios not a distributor. If it doesn't work you can return it to 321studios. A distributor will not let you return software so you are stuck with it like I am.